Indigo 7.1 License Questions

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:43 pm
CliveS offline

On upgrading this morning to Indigo 7.1 I was surprised to be asked to re-enter my license details and see now that from 7.1 onwards you have tied the license to the Mac it is installed on.

I have a 2011 Headerless Mac Mini Server that came with two 500Gig SSD's and every night using CarbonCopyCloner I backup Disk1 to Disk2.

If I now boot from Disk2 (if Disk1 fails or gets corrupted) will this work seamlessly or will it complain it is not installed on the correct machine?

I also have a copy on my MacBook Pro so I can connect to the Remote Mac Mini Server, will this now need it's own license before I can remote into the server?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 7.1 License Questions

Switching between the SSD's should be fine since it the same Mac, and you can run the Indigo Client on as many Macs as you want; the license is per Indigo Server.

Also to reiterate the subscription model lets you continue to run your last eligible version of Indigo Server indefinitely even if the subscription expires. So Indigo could be installed in a remote vacation home and presuming no updates are needed (no new macOS upgrades installed, new HA hardware, etc..) it would run indefinitely regardless of the subscription state.

If you run into any problems please let us know.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:39 pm
Different Computers offline

I confess I'm confused. Maybe. See, I'm confused about whether I'm confused!

My license is listed as expiring on 10/28/17. No problem there.

But does that mean I'm good for 7.1? And must renew to keep the reflector and future updates? I think the answer to all those questions is "yes."

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Since 7.1 was released before 10/29/17, you can continue running Indigo 7.1 (and any bug fix releases under 7.1: 7.1.1, 71.2, ...) indefinitely. If your subscription expires you can continue to use Indigo 7.1 but you are correct that your reflector will stop working. If you sign-up for the subscription then your reflector is good for another year and you are eligible for all Indigo releases (major/minor/bug fix) for another year.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:08 pm
durosity offline

What happens when we upgrade the host machine? (As in replace the machine or if it requires a fix with a new motherboard?)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

durosity wrote:
What happens when we upgrade the host machine? (As in replace the machine or if it requires a fix with a new motherboard?)

If possible, you deactivate the current license (it's a link in the licenses page at www.indigodomo.com). If you can't you ask support to do it for you. Then you activate on the (new) computer.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What Joe said is correct. Ideally you deactivate Indigo first on the old Mac:

1) Select the License Details... menu item from the Indigo 7 menu.
2) In the resulting Subscription Status window, click the Deactivate License button.

Then you can activate it on the new Mac without our assistance. If the Mac fails or you don't have access to it then you can file a support ticket and we'll handle it on our end.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 pm
durosity offline

What happens if both my arms have fallen off and I can’t click on the Indigo 7 menu?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:16 pm
roussell offline

durosity wrote:
What happens if both my arms have fallen off and I can’t click on the Indigo 7 menu?

Then you ask Jay to click for you, because if your arms have fallen off, he's probably behind you holding a bloody machete.

Terry

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm
mclass offline

Machetes aside, it would be an advantage to have some overlap between registration of the new machine & de-registration of the old.
I’ve had instances where I have substituted working machines and the ability to set up & live test the new machine while the existing machine remains in service has been beneficial.
Maybe 2-3 days, if that’s possible?
Or is there another way round this that I haven’t spotted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

roussell wrote:
Then you ask Jay to click for you, because if your arms have fallen off, he's probably behind you holding a bloody machete.

Terry

Yeah, because Jay would use that opportunity to go for the arms....

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mclass wrote:
Machetes aside, it would be an advantage to have some overlap between registration of the new machine & de-registration of the old.
I’ve had instances where I have substituted working machines and the ability to set up & live test the new machine while the existing machine remains in service has been beneficial.
Maybe 2-3 days, if that’s possible?
Or is there another way round this that I haven’t spotted?

Nothing automated currently, but if someone needs an additional license for a few days while they move things over then we'll take care of it.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:19 am
durosity offline

roussell wrote:
durosity wrote:

Terry

A bloody machete in one hand, a Bloody Mary in the other most likely.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 pm
MichaelinAustin offline

I just downloaded and installed 7.1; it is asking for some kind of login information (Indigo Account Log In; Activate Server License on this Mac). I am aware of only one user name and I have made a note elsewhere of the associated password, but that combination is being refused by whatever aspect of Indigo is demanding it. It says that "Authentication credentials are automatically saved," but evidently that refers to the future rather than indicating that they have already been saved (which would have been nice). There's no option for saying I have forgotten my password (which I haven't) or resetting my password; it doesn't even say why I need to carry out this procedure because Indigo seems to be working normally even though I can't do whatever I'm being asked to do. I suppose it has to do with the subscription, but that should be fine--I just paid to upgrade to 7.0 on February 25. What should I do?

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo is asking you for your login username/password used to login to your Indigo Account, so it is the same username/password you would use to login here. If you need to reset your password, then enter your email address here.

If none of that helps then contact us off the forum and we can work with you.