Uninstall Indigo 7?

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am
Ramias offline

Uninstall Indigo 7?

My client machine apparently had the server installed.

I followed the uninstall steps in the Wiki to remove everything. Then reinstalled (and the installer still presented the options to Upgrade the 3 server components, even though I thought I had removed all of the various files (even had to use csrutil from Recovery console to remove IndigoOverrides/kext).

On launching the client, it said my permissions needed to be fixed and sent me here to /perms. I downloaded the PermFixer; no fix.

I reinstalled the client; no fix.

Thinking the manual un-install missed didn't take.

Any ideas?

The permissions fixer displays "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4"

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall Indigo 7?

I'm confused - what exactly is the issue?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 pm
Ramias offline

Now every time I start Indigo on my “client” it says I have a permissions error.

I tried to remove it. On reinstall it gives me the option to “upgrade” the server pieces on my separate Mac client machine. So I am thinking my in-install didn’t get everything. I am thinking that may be related to the permissions error I am seeing.

Posted on
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The client might be trying to start the server on that same Mac (and the server may not exist anymore if you uninstalled it). But if you tell the client to connect to a remote server (Indigo 7->Connect to Remote Server... menu item) and if that succeeds then the client shouldn't try to start the local server any more (since it now is in the mode of connecting to a remote server). Does that work? If not, what specific errors do you get when you try to connect to a remote server?

Posted on
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am
Ramias offline

Immediately when I open Indigo I get the "Indigo Server folder permissions are not correct, or the installation of Indigo is corrupt." box.

But Indigo opens and automatically connects to my remote server just fine; it is the dialog box that jumps up that shouldn't be there.

And the fact that when I go to install Indigo 7.1 it says "upgrade" for the 3 server options even though I've "uninstalled" those.

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 am
welchgregusa offline

After upgrading to 7.1, I'm getting the same message on launch of the client on a separate machine from the server. It says "Indigo Server folder permissions are not correct, or this installation of Indigo is corrupt." and "For details on repairing the Indigo Server folder permissions, visit the page: http://www.indigodomo.com/perms" which I did, downloaded and used the permissions fixer (which is not clear it's doing anything) on both the client and the server machines. No change—still complains about permissions. I tried telling the client (on the non-server machine) to "connect to remote sever" but makes no difference.

It would seem that the only folders/directories that could be in error are on the server machine. There are no such folders (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation...) on the client machine. As such it seems strange that the client on one machine appears to be telling me about permission errors on a separate server machine, while the launch of Indigo on the server machine (connecting to the local server) does not report errors.

I don't see any obvious permissions errors on the server machine—the PA and child folders are all 775 w/ the login account as the owner, and admin as the group. AFAIK that's what it's always been.

What SHOULD the permissions be?

Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This is a buglet in 7.1 on client-only installed Macs. We'll have it fixed in 7.1.1. In the mean time just ignore the error.

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:55 pm
NicholFD offline

You might want to mention to NOT follow the instructions in the dialog to go to here: http://www.indigodomo.com/perms

The tool there does not help and mentions a /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation directory for Indigo 4?!?!?!

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:11 pm
durosity offline

It looks like Jay recently updated that article so it’d seem to still be a valid tool. It doesn’t seem to say that isn’t for use with recent versions.

Also sorry I couldn’t resist:

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

NicholFD wrote:
You might want to mention to NOT follow the instructions in the dialog to go to here: http://www.indigodomo.com/perms

The tool there does not help and mentions a /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation directory for Indigo 4?!?!?!

I'm not following you - the article doesn't mention Indigo 4, and it says clearly that if you're using Indigo 6/7 you should rerun the installer (which fixes permissions)...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think the permfixer app itself says something about Indigo 4 when you run it. If I remember correctly it works with all versions of Indigo (starting with v4) but might have a UI/verbiage glitch.

Posted on
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:49 am
yassi offline

So, after updating to 7.1 I have the same error.
Re-installed on the server, re-installed on the client, ran the small too, nothing.
The message appears only on the client side.

So, we can ignore it for now, correct?

Yassi

Posted on
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, just ignore it for now. It'll be fixed in 7.1.1.

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.1.1 is now available for download and should prevent this bogus warning.

Page 1 of 1