Devices missing in Indigo Touch for Web

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:56 pm
rehafer offline

Devices missing in Indigo Touch for Web

I recently updated to 2022.2 and everything seems to be working fine, except that no devices are listed when using Indigo Touch for Web. I see Actions, Variables, Control Pages, and my Log; but no devices.
Might there be a check box I’ve missed or something equally obvious that will make me feel foolish?
Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Devices missing in Indigo Touch for Web

Make sure that the Remote Display checkbox is checked for devices you want to show in the ITW UI.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:25 am
rehafer offline

The boxes were already checked for most of my devices; so I unchecked them all and then checked one device and it appeared! So I’m now in the process of rechecking devices.
So far I’ve discovered that adding a Weathersnoop plugin device causes all devices to disappear.
Will poet again if I find other bad actors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

How many devices do you have total? We've seen issues with people who have several hundred devices.

When you add WeatherSnoop devices, do you see any errors in the Event Log? Enable web server debugging (the general tab in preferences) then try adding it again. Let us know if you see any interesting debug messages.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 am
rehafer offline

I have around 80-90 devices, some of virtual that didn’t have marked previously.
No messages in the log when I re-added Weathersnoop. It was early in the process, I started from the bottom of a alphabetized list.
If have an idea for some controlled experiments, let me know; some days I have lots of time, some not so much.
Also, thumbs up to the thermostat tile in the web interface, compact but uselful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, it's not a device quantity issue. What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser to see if the behavior is the same?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 am
rehafer offline

I normally use Safari on IOS or Mac, I tried with Chrome for IOS and got the same results.
It just now occurred to me that the Wethersnoop plugin, for some reason, doesn’t report humidity properly. Could 1 malformed data foul up all devices?

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hmmm. I suppose it's possible. Disable remote display on those, open the JavaScript console in the browser, then reenable it and see if there are any errors logged.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1