Mac mini M2

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:33 pm
aldonc offline

Mac mini M2

Hi,
New Apple HW so new questions! My Mini is long in the tooth and I'm thinking it might be time for an upgrade to the announced (today) M2 version. I doubt it has been tested but any obvious reasons why the HW change would cause problems for Indigo?

thanks,
Aldon

Posted on
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Mac mini M2

There shouldn't be. Having said that, it's always possible that there are macOS bugs that will only show up on the new hardware.

We always recommend caution when upgrading either to new macOS versions or new Mac hardware. But, if you keep your old Mac around as a fallback if something goes wrong, then you should be fine.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:24 pm
DirkWe offline

Hi from Germany,

migration done today to my new MacMini (16GB, 13.0 Ventura). Problems with the web-server (solution in this forum)solved. But now, i have no idea how to solve my problem:

Some Plugins don't work. The most important for me, the HUE plugin.

In the menu there is no Config entry. And if i try to enable the plugin i got a strange message in log. It seem to by a python problem with the new M2 architecture.

Code: Select all
   Reloading plugin "Hue Lights 2022.12.41" using API v3.0
   Starting plugin "Hue Lights 2022.12.41" (pid 9624)
   Hue Lights Error                Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "plugin.py", line 47, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Hue Lights.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/colormath/color_objects.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 144, in <module>
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py", line 49, in <module>
type:

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Importing the numpy C-extensions failed. This error can happen for
many reasons, often due to issues with your setup or how NumPy was
installed.

We have compiled some common reasons and troubleshooting tips at:

https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/troubleshooting-importerror.html

Please note and check the following:

* The Python version is: Python3.10 from "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoPluginHost3"
  * The NumPy version is: "1.22.3"

and make sure that they are the versions you expect.
Please carefully study the documentation linked above for further help.

Original error was: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/_multiarray_umath.cpython-310-darwin.so, 0x0002): tried:
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/_multiarray_umath.cpython-310-darwin.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture
(have 'x86_64', need 'arm64')), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-
packages/numpy/core/_multiarray_umath.cpython-310-darwin.so' (no such file), '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-
packages/numpy/core/_multiarray_umath.cpython-310-darwin.so' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64'))

Im sure, i have python3 installed.

XXXXXX@Mac-mini ~ % pip3 --version
pip 21.2.4 from /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip (python 3.10)

Any ideas ? Somebody ?

Thanks
Dirk

Posted on
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you rerun the installer after moving your install to the new Mac?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:35 am
DirkWe offline

Hi Jay,
thanks for your help.

I did a migration with the apple-assistent from old (x86) to new (M2) Mac. After that i have installed the last indigo-version for two times and port my license.

Problem is still there... Realy strange. Any ideas ?

Greetings
Dirk

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:09 am
DirkWe offline

I did more investigation. Checked wrong symlinks an removed them, installed again, problem is still the same.

Is it a good idea to install python again ? Maybe something ist messed up there ?

Dirk

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Rerunning the Indigo installer should reinstall python, so I really don't know what's happening.

Try deleting the python install and then rerun the Indigo installer. Delete this:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

There is definitely something wrong with the Python install.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 pm
aldonc offline

Hi,
I just (mostly) completed moving the install of Indigo to my M2 Mac Mini and all went pretty well. I didn't use the migration assistant - I started with a clean Mini then added the apps I needed. I used the directions here - https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... nother_mac - and it mostly seemed to work fine. I have a few errors when disabled plugins are loading but I just deleted them. :-) I do have one plugin error I'm fighting but will reach out to the developer when I finish frustrating myself.

Jay, I've got a reflector issue but I'll send a support question on that.

Thanks, Aldon

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:36 am
DirkWe offline

jay (support) wrote:
Rerunning the Indigo installer should reinstall python, so I really don't know what's happening.

Try deleting the python install and then rerun the Indigo installer. Delete this:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

There is definitely something wrong with the Python install.

That solved my problem ! Everything works fine and realy fast...

Thanks
Dirk

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:44 pm
randysk offline

I had the same problem. After moving to an M2 Mac Mini, my Hue Lights plugin would not work. I downloaded the latest version of Indigo and reinstalled it and it still didn't work. Your tip about removing the python framework and then reinstalling it worked, but that is far from obvious. It appears that the installer needs to be updated to ensure that the latest python framework gets installed.

Page 1 of 1