Installing Plugins

Posted on
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:35 pm
dlindey offline

Installing Plugins

I've built a temperature monitor using a Huzzah ESP-32 weatherboard and a MCP9808 I2C sensor. The next step in the process is to install an MQTT plugin. I've downloaded the MQTT plugins but now need to install these plugins.

I've searched the forum and reviewed the available documentation and how-to files but cannot find anything on where to or how to locate plugin files.

Could someone please point me in the direction of the necessary documentation.

Thanks

Dave Lindey

Posted on
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Installing Plugins

If you double-click the .indigoPlugin packages on the system Indigo is installed on, then Indigo should open the packages and install them for you. You might need to unzip the download files first.

But, you really need to get an MQTT Server (broker) installed first or the plugins won't do a darn thing. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

dlindey wrote:
I've searched the forum and reviewed the available documentation and how-to files but cannot find anything on where to or how to locate plugin files.

Can you clarify? Plugins to what? Indigo has Plugins (see Managing Plugins for details). If you're talking about something specific to a plugin, then your question is best posted on the forum for that plugin (let me know if that's the case and I can move this topic there).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:57 am
dlindey offline

Thanks Joe.

I downloaded the MQTT Shims and MQTT Connector plugins but wanted to be sure before proceeding. Double clicking worked fine. I've also downloaded MQTT Explorer.

I realize that I need an MQTT Broker. Thats the next step in the progression which I will work on later today in setting up a schedule and associated actions. Thanks again.

Jay ... I thought my question was clear. Perhaps not. I was referring to plugins which are located in the Plugin Store and need to be installed in Indigo as in the MQTT plugins.

I apologize for asking questions which may seem obvious to some or lack specificity. I'm new to this and find the learning curve steep for some things. I appreciate the help and apologize in advance for further noob questions.

Dave Lindey

Posted on
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

dlindey wrote:
Jay ... I thought my question was clear. Perhaps not. I was referring to plugins which are located in the Plugin Store and need to be installed in Indigo as in the MQTT plugins.

I apologize for asking questions which may seem obvious to some or lack specificity. I'm new to this and find the learning curve steep for some things. I appreciate the help and apologize in advance for further noob questions.

No problem, your wording left open something that might have been specific to MQTT (which I know next to nothing about) rather than a general Indigo Plugin. Glad you got them installed, the process is pretty straight-forward once you know it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:22 pm
jlefevre1 offline

I need step by step instructions on installing a plug in.

I want to get the wind speed from the NOAA weather plug in and use it to inhibit a scheduled event.

For instance I have an event that turns on at 17:00 and off at 22:00. If the wind speed is over 10 MPH I do not want the device to come on even though the schedule call for it .

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

The NOAA Weather plugin ships with Indigo, so there should be no need to install it.

What version of Indigo are you using? The instructions for how to set up the plugin may be different depending on the version you have.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:32 am
jalves offline

Just wanted to add a potential complication for you to consider. The way you explained your use case says to me that you would check the wind speed at the start of the "event" (presumably an action group or individual device). Do you also need to consider what happens if the wind speed is ok at the start of the event but the wind speed rises afterward?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1