Indigo 7.5 Server mysteriously stops responding occasionally

Posted on
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:16 am
dclonts offline

Re: Indigo 7.5 Server mysteriously stops responding occasion

So a follow up on my EasyDAQ adaptation that was pounding the server. Main issue I believe is it was scanning all devices for a mirror device about twice a second...easy fix of doing the scan to a local variable whenever the devices change.

But still all sorts of problems. Communications dropouts. Server not responding. Mixed in with system crashes in the middle of the night.

Was driving me nuts.

Then my 6 year old fusion drive on my iMac gave up the ghost.

Replaced it with a 4TB internal SSD and it seems snappier than ever. Just like Safari.

Man, I'd forgotten 1) that hardware fails and 2) when it fails intermittently, it can drive you to drink. That failing drive was causing a slew of problems--spinning beach balls, restarts, etc.

But thanks for the help--will actually help as I'm revising the plugin to get rid of more of the server pounding.

David Clonts

Posted on
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi David –

Great, I'm glad that seemed to be the culprit for several of the problems you were experiencing. I've had some Macs with bad memory and one that had a intermittently bad CPU. Trying to track down hardware problems can indeed be a nightmare.

Posted on
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:27 am
davinci offline

I had a crash on the M1 Mac again with the latest version. But I think it is a bug from Apple - not from Indigo:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252437781