Moving DB file to new folder

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 am
Ramias offline

Moving DB file to new folder

For some reason a long time ago I created my database file under ~/Documents.

I'd like it to now live under /Library/Application SupportPerceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Databases so the backup utility captures the database along with my plugins and all my other settings for backup purposes.

So I stopped Indigo, made a copy of my DB file for safe keeping, and moved it to that folder. Started Indigo. Opened that file and things worked. But on reboot I got an error:
Indigo could not find your database file or the file has become corrupt. You can either create a new database file or select an existing database file.
If I select "existing" and open the file in the /Library... folder it works fine until the next time Indigo is stopped/started.

So I'm now back the way I started (with the file in ~/Documents) after fixing an error with fingscan and my Mac password (error did not happen before).

How can I move this file to that folder? Is it a file permissions issue or something else?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Moving DB file to new folder

Try re-running the Indigo Installer (it won't delete / modify any of your config files). It will try to repair permissions for Indigo files/folders. If the problem persists after that, then email us (support AT indigodomo DOT com) the Event Log file for today and we'll dig deeper into it.

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Try this first: I suspect you probably only quit the Indigo client rather than the server. Select the Indigo 7->Stop Server menu item to make sure the server is no longer running.

Note - unless your DB file is on a different disk, you can just move the DB file to the Databases folder and restart the server. I think the server stores a alias record so it should automatically find it (though I think we were working on some alias related bugs for the next release). If not, then when the server starts up it'll just start with an empty db file. Then you can select the File->Select Database... menu item and select it again and that should do it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:49 pm
Ramias offline

99% sure I stopped it. And the issue persisted across reboots.

Not sure what happened, but based on your suggestion I tried it again and it appears to all be working great.

Thanks for supporting such a great product.

Page 1 of 1