How Can I? Scripting Push Notifications

Posted on
Mon May 02, 2022 10:09 am
ryanbuckner offline

How Can I? Scripting Push Notifications

I have a script that checks to see if my daughters bus is running late. What is the best way to script pushing this data to my wife's pixel phone with DomoPad? Trying to avoid a workaround by storing the text in a variable and having an Indigo trigger send the push, but I'm ok if that's the only way.

Here's an example of what the message will look like:
Code: Select all
Daughter's bus route HI-21 AM: Double back - Estimated Delay: 10-15 min

Posted on
Thu May 05, 2022 10:26 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: How Can I? Scripting Push Notifications

I have a script that checks to see if my daughters bus is running late. What is the best way to script pushing this data to my wife's pixel phone with DomoPad? Trying to avoid a workaround by storing the text in a variable and having an Indigo trigger send the push, but I'm ok if that's the only way.

Hey Ryan... basically every action that can be taken by a plugin should be scriptable, the key is just finding what the key values in the dictionary will be to pass in to the plugin. It should look something like this:

Code: Select all
plugin = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.duncanware.domoPadMobileClient")
plugin.executeAction("sendPushNotification", deviceId=123456, props={"message": "Hi there!", "importanceLevel":"normal"})

I think that should get you what you need... there are other options but based on your requirements, I think that is what you need. But do let me know if it works or not and we can tweak from there.

Posted on
Sat May 07, 2022 10:45 am
ryanbuckner offline

[SOLVED] Re: How Can I? Scripting Push Notifications

that worked, thank you

Page 1 of 1