Push Video Device to client?

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:22 pm
Different Computers offline

Push Video Device to client?

I can't seem to figure out if there's a way to push the display of a video device to a client. I'd like the video feed to pop up like a control page when a particular trigger fires.

Possible?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:39 pm
norcoscia offline

Re: Push Video Device to client?

A few years ago I did something like that - trigger fired and it switched to a different control page with the video, then it switched back after a set time. Let me see if I can find it…

Used trigger (see below) to switch control page - then next action delayed by 50 seconds send it back (same action a first one but points it back to the original control page).
Attachments
2022-02-07_10-50-37.png
2022-02-07_10-50-37.png (119.03 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:24 pm

This was my first thought too. But the video feed is not a control page, and can't be imbedded in a control page, unless I'm missing some other trick there.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:33 pm
norcoscia offline

I’m using security spy for that - I think I remember you said you have security spy as well as Camect (like me). If so and you can use security spy for your video I can post how it is set up.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:57 am

Alas, no security spy. Camect only.

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:30 am
norcoscia offline

Likely it can be done if your camera works with a web browser but I would not be the person to ask - maybe someone else has some ideas, good luck and sorry I could not help…

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:12 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I can't seem to figure out if there's a way to push the display of a video device to a client. I'd like the video feed to pop up like a control page when a particular trigger fires. Possible?

No, but can consider it for an enhancement in the near future... is this for an always-showing console in the home or on a mobile device? There are some restrictions on mobiles about directly showing foreground content from a notification, but reacting to it while DP is already up is definitely doable.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:37 pm

Yup, for me it would be an always on, always domopad in the foreground situation.

Awesome, thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 1