Send Control Display command with variable with CP value

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 pm
WouterK offline

Send Control Display command with variable with CP value

Hi,

By a sonos trigger the active control page is changed to the controlpage where the sonos control is placed on. (Can not figure out why it does that.)
Because of this I would like to return to the previous page displayed when this happens (I keep track of the active displayed CP by a variable).

Is it possible to use the "send Control Page Display command" with a variable representing the controlpage name to display?
Or mayble by sending a ' previous" command?

Thanks
Wouter

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:21 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Send Control Display command with variable with CP value

By a sonos trigger the active control page is changed to the controlpage where the sonos control is placed on. (Can not figure out why it does that.)
Because of this I would like to return to the previous page displayed when this happens (I keep track of the active displayed CP by a variable).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "can not figure out why it does that"? It would have to be an explicit trigger using the control page request action to change the CP if it is coming from the server.

Is it possible to use the "send Control Page Display command" with a variable representing the controlpage name to display?
Or mayble by sending a ' previous" command?

You can request the page via Python using a variable as the value - would that work for you?

Adam

Posted on
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:58 pm
WouterK offline

Re: Send Control Display command with variable with CP value

Hi,

You are right about the trigger, searched again for it and finally found the one. Thank you for the trigger!

Still, if I could change the controlpage based on the value of a variable would be nice. Not a python expert but it should work.
Can you give me an example how to do this?

Wouter

Page 1 of 1