Domo pad to the rescue!

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Gangotti offline

Domo pad to the rescue!

I have been meaning to post this for a while but I can’t say enough about RogueProeliators Domopad app. One of the things I wanted was a way to have touchscreen controls in the rooms in my house. Apple tablets are nice but I’m not sure my budget could handle it. I settled on using amazon fire tablets running the domopad software and airfoil for android and it is perfect. For about $85 a room I was able to accomplish my goals. Indigo is amazing, and the domopad app is the perfect companion. Attached are some photos of the installation. I custom designed the mount and 3dprinted them Incase anyone was wondering.ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Gangotti on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Domo pad to the rescue!

Nicely done.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, very nice (and affordable)!

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 pm
DaveL17 offline

Damn nice job. Hard to argue with that price tag, too.

Well done.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Awesome to hear - thanks for sharing!

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:20 am
durosity offline

Very cool! How much does the mounts cost to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 am
mundmc offline

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:35 pm
Gangotti offline

[quote="durosity"]Very cool! How much does the mounts cost to make?

They cost $28 to have them printed. Poe splitter was $23 on amazon and the 7” fire was $30 on prime day

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm
RogueProeliator offline

They cost $28 to have them printed. Poe splitter was $23 on amazon and the 7” fire was $30 on prime day

Those look like they would be cheap to print (in terms of material) if you already had the printer, but sounds like you had them printed. Really impressive if you designed them to be printed without actually having the printer to test out / iterate! Very cool!

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:52 pm
Gangotti offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

Those look like they would be cheap to print (in terms of material) if you already had the printer, but sounds like you had them printed. Really impressive if you designed them to be printed without actually having the printer to test out / iterate! Very cool!

I have a printer and did a test fit in PLA and then went to 3d hubs online and found someone to print them in ABS. I am super busy so I didn’t really have the time to get the speeds and temps right, so I was willing to shell out the money for someone else to print it. I’m currently working on making one for the 10” for the kitchen.

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I have a printer and did a test fit in PLA and then went to 3d hubs online and found someone to print them in ABS. I am super busy so I didn’t really have the time to get the speeds and temps right, so I was willing to shell out the money for someone else to print it. I’m currently working on making one for the 10” for the kitchen.

Makes sense, ABS definitely takes some practice and fiddling to get right. Have you ever tried PETG? It sometimes is a little "stringy" but creates a nice finish and is a good combo between PLA and ABS.

Doesn't sound like it was all that expensive to have done anyway... and looks good!

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:19 pm
Gangotti offline

I’ll probably try that for the 10” thanks for the suggestion. I have the step files if anyone’s interested.

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:57 pm
greenhornet offline

How did you get that UI layout? My domo pad looks completely different? Is that because of airfoil?

Posted on
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

How did you get that UI layout? My domo pad looks completely different? Is that because of airfoil?

That screen is showing a custom control page (i.e. from Indigo), which is how you customize the look and feel -- you can actually configure Domotics Pad to launch straight to a preferred control page on startup which is how most people with mounted/in-house tablets tend to do it. The standard, list-style views are primarily for those that utilize it on their phone.

The standard list interface will be getting a facelift soon, however it will never be as nicely laid out as something you put together yourself as a control page.

Page 1 of 1