i/o linc Garage Door doesn't work with app

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 am
greenhornet offline

i/o linc Garage Door doesn't work with app

I've got an i/o Linc Insteon garage door kit that has been in place for quite some time. It doesn't work in the Domotics Pad app. What I mean by that is, pressing the power icon for the item in the devices screen does nothing. I typically use the iOS Indigo Touch app and the actual Indigo client on Mac to test when something like this happens. I can report that the door works perfectly in both the other apps.

I'm not running the beta version of Domotics pad if that matters. I believe my version is 1.6.1.

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: i/o linc Garage Door doesn't work with app

I've got an i/o Linc Insteon garage door kit that has been in place for quite some time. It doesn't work in the Domotics Pad app. What I mean by that is, pressing the power icon for the item in the devices screen does nothing.

I/O Link devices are not directly supported yet... I think you are only the second person to notice (or at least comment/ask). I should be adding control some day -- in the meantime, there is a workaround; you can device a custom control page to use for device control -- said control page is just a two button on/off page.

It looks like the image hosting is gone, but you can find the instructions here:
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14797

Adam

Posted on
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 am
greenhornet offline

Re: i/o linc Garage Door doesn't work with app

Adam,
This does indeed work (control pages) and I didn't even think of it. Thanks for the advice.

-Keith

Page 1 of 1