Possible bugs (DomoPad/android newbie)

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:19 am
forestfield offline

Possible bugs (DomoPad/android newbie)

Prompted by the cheap Fire 7 tablets at google, I thought I'd give DomoPad a try!

I've upgraded to the pro version, and I see what I think are some bugs - but may be my inexperience with DomoPad.

1. Native mode control pages - background colour
If I set the background colour of a control page to 'white' it looks fine in the web view - and in the iPad client, but in native mode the page background is black. If I change the background to something slightly greater its fine.

2. Native mode buttons at top of page.
If I have buttons exactly at the top of a page (Y=0) then they don't display in native mode. If I move them down a couple of pixels they do!

3. Notifications
If I create a notification with 2 buttons; button 1 executes the action group defined in button 2. For example button1='all lights off', button2='all lights on' . When I get the notification, pressing button1 turns all lights on, as does button 2.

Also, your sticky in this forum for pop-up controls has lost all its images

Regards
-- Paul --

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Possible bugs (DomoPad/android newbie)

Hi Paul:

Sorry for the delayed response, was traveling and ill at the same time... fun Thanksgiving! No one has reported any of those issues except I do believe that the default background color is reversed according to Indigo's default. That one will be fixed in a future release, though you can already work around it by simply using a white background image if needed immediately.

The others have not been reported but I will test out and get back to you.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am
forestfield offline

Hi Adam
Hope you're feeling better - it's never nice when you're ill.

As regards the background colour; if I set it to white (using the apple of sesame colours) it still shows as black in domestics pad. It looks find in the browser and iPad touch thingy. I'm using an off grey at the moment and that works everywhere.

I've also spotted a what I think is an issue with a icon - 'Thermostat Heat Status.png' ; it seems to not be showing the on state in the native display when the device goes on. Again this is fine if using a web browser, to iPad touch.

All I need now are the artistic skills to design some decent pages; mine are at best 'functional'

Cheers
-- Paul --

Posted on
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:25 am
autolog offline

forestfield wrote:
... 1. Native mode control pages - background colour
If I set the background colour of a control page to 'white' it looks fine in the web view - and in the iPad client, but in native mode the page background is black. If I change the background to something slightly greater its fine. ....

I can see this behaviour as well using Domotics Pad V1.6.1 running on an Amazon Fire HD 8 (8th Generation). :)

Page 1 of 1