Plug-in Error Message

Posted on
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:14 pm
canalrun offline

Plug-in Error Message

I have used the Indigo Plug-in along with the Android Client for several years. I've registered the Professional version.

I use DomoPad maybe once every two months.

Two months ago it worked fine. I have about two dozen devices and one Control Page.

I tried to use it last night and get the following error in the Indigo Log:

Error.png
Error.png (32.02 KiB) Viewed 2211 times

On my Android client, when I press the Control Pages button, Demotic's Pad shows a page with the error: "No control pages were found in this directory".

I'm using Indigo 7.0 .4

How do I get this to work again?

Thanks,
Barry.
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (32.02 KiB) Viewed 2211 times

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:22 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Plug-in Error Message

I tried to use it last night and get the following error in the Indigo Log:

The error that you posted is not an error with the plugin -- that is an artifact of the changes GitHub made a while back and the only consequence is that you aren't getting notified whenever the plugin has been updated. No effect on operations.

On my Android client, when I press the Control Pages button, Demotic's Pad shows a page with the error: "No control pages were found in this directory".

Do you get a message that it had trouble contacting the Indigo Server? Can you see Devices in the list on the Devices screen? Action Groups? Schedules? etc.?

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm
canalrun offline

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

Do you get a message that it had trouble contacting the Indigo Server? Can you see Devices in the list on the Devices screen? Action Groups? Schedules? etc.?

On my Android phone I don't get any error messages when starting the Domotics Pad app.

If I click on any of the icons, such as Devices, I get an error message that states something like: "No devices marked for remote display found in this folder".

If I Click on the Indigo Log icon, I just get a blank page.

Indigo itself seems to be working fine. On the mac mini, the Devices, Control Pages, Log, etc. all appear normal.

If I restart indigo or refresh the plug-in, in the log I see a message: "Domopad mobile client error…"

Barry.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

On my Android phone I don't get any error messages when starting the Domotics Pad app.

You normally won't get any errors at start -- it would be when navigating to another screen.

If I click on any of the icons, such as Devices, I get an error message that states something like: "No devices marked for remote display found in this folder".
If I Click on the Indigo Log icon, I just get a blank page.

The Indigo Log, and a few other screens, rely on the Plugin for operation which adds another layer - I think it is best to focus on the core screens such as Devices, Action Groups, Variables, etc. Do you have any Variables defined in Indigo? If so, go to the Variables screen... if you do not see any listed and they should be there, click on the menu icon in the top right, choose Help and then in the popup select Send Debug.

Actually, prior to this, you might also want to set the "User-Selected Identifier" setting to your forum username to make it so that I can identify your debug report. This is available in the Settings -> Error/Crash Reporting section.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:16 pm
canalrun offline

Hello,

Do you have any Variables defined in Indigo? If so, go to the Variables screen... if you do not see any listed and they should be there, click on the menu icon in the top right, choose Help and then in the popup select Send Debug.

Actually, prior to this, you might also want to set the "User-Selected Identifier" setting to your forum username to make it so that I can identify your debug report. This is available in the Settings -> Error/Crash Reporting section.

Yes, I do have several variables defined., If I press on the Android app Variables screen, it gives me the error message: "No variables found in this folder."

I set my Identifier to my forum name – canalrun.

I sent you a debug report.

I will add that I haven't done anything to my Indigo set up or the Domotics Pad app in well over a year. A few months ago the Domotics Pad app worked fine. I use the Domotics Pad app for local access only. Indigo and the mac mini are in the basement, I'm using the Domotics Pad app upstairs in the study.

Thanks,
Barry.

Posted on
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 pm
canalrun offline

Yes, I do have several variables defined., If I press on the Android app Variables screen, it gives me the error message: "No variables found in this folder."

I set my Identifier to my forum name – canalrun.

I sent you a debug report.

I will add that I haven't done anything to my Indigo set up or the Domotics Pad app in well over a year. A few months ago the Domotics Pad app worked fine. I use the Domotics Pad app for local access only. Indigo and the mac mini are in the basement, I'm using the Domotics Pad app upstairs in the study.

Hello,
Have you been able to find anything about this problem?

Have you received the Bug Report I sent last week? It will have the label: canalrun.

When I use the Domotics Pad app and click on any of the icons, a page displaying an error similar to … No pages were found in this directory.

In the Indigo Log on my Mac Mini I see an error "DomoPad Mobile Client Error Updater Error: Unable to retrieve the latest plug-in version" when I reload the plug-in.

Thanks,
Barry.

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 am
RogueProeliator offline

Have you received the Bug Report I sent last week? It will have the label: canalrun.

Unfortunately, no... it looks like the email service on the server is down so, for the time being, I am not receiving them. Will have to look into that or get this update that is in beta stable enough to release.

When I use the Domotics Pad app and click on any of the icons, a page displaying an error similar to … No pages were found in this directory.

This really sounds like you are connecting to a second instance of Indigo somewhere on your network -- if you are getting that message without any error indicator when the screen is loading the the application is successfully connecting to an Indigo instance. Just to confirm, you don't see any other message along the lines of "Error connecting to server"? Can you double check your connection settings, including that you are connecting to the proper Home/Away when testing?

In the Indigo Log on my Mac Mini I see an error "DomoPad Mobile Client Error Updater Error: Unable to retrieve the latest plug-in version" when I reload the plug-in.

Again, nothing to worry about - it just can't check for the latest version is all that means. No effect on operations (and the ones that you specified above don't even require the plugin).

Adam

Posted on
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:11 pm
canalrun offline

This really sounds like you are connecting to a second instance of Indigo somewhere on your network -- if you are getting that message without any error indicator when the screen is loading the the application is successfully connecting to an Indigo instance.

Hello,
I shut down Indigo 7.1, shut down the Mac Mini, then restarted the Mac Mini and Indigo 7.1.

Now when I use Domotics Pad on my Android device, everything works as normal.

I can see my Control page, the Variables, and everything else.

Maybe I had a second instance, but I am a Mac newbie. I don't know how that would've happened.

Thanks for your help. Everything is working as expected.

---- Edit ----

I do still get the Indigo Error Log message: DomoPad Mobile Client Error Updater Error: Unable to retrieve the latest plug-in version

but that does not affect operation.

Barry.

Page 1 of 1