Is there a list of Domotics Pad settings

Posted on
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 am
PatriciaW offline

Is there a list of Domotics Pad settings

I am attempting to reinstall Domotics Pad on an Android phone. The app should connect to a server on the same network. I was able to install this on a previous Android phone but I cannot figure out why I cannot get it to work on this one.

I cannot get it configured and I am unable to find any documentation of the settings.

Here are the settings I am having difficulty with

Indigo Server Connection

Indigo Username and Password (I used the Allow Remote access Username and Password on the Indigo Server)

Indigo Server - selected Manual Entry ???-- Should I change this and if so how?

Home Network Settings

Home IP/Host Name - I used the IP of the Mac

Home Port: 8176 and also the Remote Indigo client access port number. No difference, Dumb question: is the Mac on same network Home or Remote? I used Home.

HTTPS - on or off?

Remote Access settings
used default

Location Settings

Used default settings

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:29 am
PatriciaW offline

Re: Is there a list of Domotics Pad settings

I still would like to know what the settings are but I realized that when I reinstalled the operating system I had not reset the network WIFi connection. Now I am able to use Domotics Pad,

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Is there a list of Domotics Pad settings

In general, the Home and Away settings are just that - connection information to use when you are in your home network versus away from the house. It is really designed to be auto-populated, not manually entered unless you understand your network and configuration well.

The best way to populate them is to select the server from the Indigo Server option -- but if you didn't have the WiFi properly reconfigured it would not have appeared here, so I can see the confusion. This lookup uses a discovery process and can only go on the local network, but if you are connected and it can find the server then selecting the proper one fills in all the other blanks for you.

Usually the home network, if manually entered, would be the IP address of the Indigo server, 8176 (or leave blank) for the port, and to NOT use HTTPS. When your tablet will always be at home, you can uncheck the option to automatically switch your location.

Adam

Page 1 of 1