Anker Nebula & DomoPad?

Posted on
Mon May 21, 2018 1:54 pm
Different Computers offline

Anker Nebula & DomoPad?

Anyone have one of these Anker Nebula Android projector media devices?

Seems to have its own app store, so I wonder how tricky it would be to get DomoPad installed on it. I'm also interested in hearing anyone else's experience with it and their impressions of the hardware. I don't have a super compelling use case for it, if only because I don't have a large blank white wall anywhere, but I can imagine some cool ways to play with it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 pm
mclass offline

Re: Anker Nebula & DomoPad?

Hi,

I have recently taken delivery of a different, but similar Android projector:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/4k-Home-Theater-Led-Projector-Digital_60761601030.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.261.235f66d5Uvg0wU&s=p

I am very impressed and have successfully installed a number of Android apps, including Domopod. If you enjoy a HUGE control page, operated by the device's "mouse-like" remote, this is for you!! The attached image was taken in daylight with about a 4 meter throw.

My use case is NOT for Indigo control panel, but rather to use as a battery-powered, WiFi connected TV replacement using either the HDMI input or the streaming apps (including Netflix).

The only downsides is the quality of the inbuilt speakers (overcome by using bluetooth speaker) and the (apparent} inability to adjust aspect ratio for my CCTV images. The latter issue requires some investigation to see if I can resolve by adjustment of the cameras.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance of this device - if you have a use case - go for it!!

mclass
Attachments
IMG_4981_LoRes.jpg
IMG_4981_LoRes.jpg (393.21 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Page 1 of 1