DomoPad, Pixel, and necessary settings for Indigo remotely

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 7:55 am
Le_Eppe_Noir offline

DomoPad, Pixel, and necessary settings for Indigo remotely

Hey friends,

I just got a new Google Pixel and am new to the Android platform. I downloaded the DomoPad App from the Google Play Store and got it all set up for my network at home. The problem has been that I can't get the app to communicate with the server remotely. I've tried to look thru the forum for problems people have with using their Prism Reflector (Yes, I have a reflector and it works fine with my iPhone 5S, I have all the settings right... obviously). I'm not sure if I need to add a plug-in to my Indigo (it's the latest version of v.6 only because I haven't been able to upgrade my Mac Mini yet to get the latest OS) or if I need to port-forward my AT&T router to get the communication thru (I have the port number as 8176 but don't know if i need to do that if I have Prism Reflector). So, I guess you see that I'm at a crossroads trying to see where to go to get things working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Marcus

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: DomoPad, Pixel, and necessary settings for Indigo remote

Basic connection and control should work fine without any additional plugins or port forwards. There is a plugin that you can add for additional control and features (such as push notifications, controlling additional devices such as A/V, Timers, etc.)

Start by ensuring that the App is switching to Away mode when off your home network -- you can see this easily via the navigation drawer on the left side. Disconnect from WiFi and launch the application. If it doesn't connect to devices after a 15 or so seconds, open the navigation drawer and change it to away mode (the icon indicator is a little Map pin versus a standard Home for home network mode).

If that does fix your issue, double check in settings that the App is set to automatically switch home/away locations. If it does NOT fix it, the thing to start with is still the settings - we need to verify those before moving forward.

Adam

Page 1 of 1