Client Control Page from server

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:21 pm
deuan offline

Client Control Page from server

Hi,

I love the app, however the control pages from server has not been well thought out. This feature, as i understand uses google messaging to send and receive the request. This is great when you live in a place with reliable internet and you don't mind waiting for the page request to traverse the globe. My Internet connection is very unreliable and I wanted to use this feature to display a page when my internet goes offline, obviously you can see the issue here.

Any chance of getting the client to respond to a simple TCP or rest request, this would resolve the issue of the need for an internet connection and would make it almost instant rather than waiting 20 seconds for the request to flow through the internet.

Thanks
Deuan

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:32 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Client Control Page from server

I love the app, however the control pages from server has not been well thought out.

That's not true at all - the upsides and downsides of it were indeed carefully configured... there are actually quite a few technical and logical downsides to keeping a port open full time on mobile devices. I do realize that in some situations it is not ideal (the same can be said for the local/direct connection), it completely depends upon the individual use.

I suspect at some point there will be some type of direct connection option as an alternate path for all current-GCM functions (i.e. notifications, control page switching, etc.) The most likely would be some form of JSON type interface, though there are some hurdles to overcome in that situation.

Adam

Page 1 of 1