Error executing action group

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 am
rhanson offline

Re: Error executing action group

On the main settings page, make sure you have Manual Entry specified instead of a server name, because it seems to smartly reset the settings (based on mdns, I presume)

I tried this and mine does retain the settings, even thru a forced quit.

Hoping to see some geofences tomorrow. :-)

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 am
jingai offline

Thanks, that was it!

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:35 am
jingai offline

Unfortunately I still receive the error :(

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 am
rhanson offline

Yeah, no luck for me, either. I even went into developer options and turned on aggressive wifi-mobile switching, then tried mobile data full time, and enabled unlimited background data for DomoPad, but still nothing. It's clear that Android just doesn't wake up the data as quickly as needed. Looks like Adam's going to have to use a queue instead. I'd mess around with it in a test app, but ... Java, ugh, too old for that.

Posted on
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 am
RogueProeliator offline

Looks like Adam's going to have to use a queue instead. I'd mess around with it in a test app, but ... Java, ugh, too old for that.

Yeah, that is the plan... I am working on a restructuring of the app's architecture that will include some low-level network enhancements. Going to have to play around a bit with it, though, as the later versions of Android are pretty aggressive in shutting out wake-locks. I suspect it may be that the time between tries will need to be the minutes if the initial retries don't work. For example, perhaps keep the wake lock for up to 5 seconds of retries, then sleep for 2 minutes, wake up and try again. At some point we have to abandon it as today, though, lest device battery be affected.

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm
jingai offline

Any news on this? It's still not working :(

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:28 am
RogueProeliator offline

Any news on this? It's still not working :(

Unfortunately, no... long story short, Google is forcing us to change the way we do push notifications and after having followed their migration guide, the sh!t doesn't work and I have been fighting for weeks and weeks now trying to make it do so. Unfortunately, I have to get this part working in the new version because they have upped the target OS version and I can no longer publish in the older version's branch (don't worry, I can support older devices, it is a bit complicated and technical, but long story short Google is REALLY pissing me off but I am trying...)

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:24 pm
jingai offline

No worries, I understand. Was just checking on status :)