DomoPad/Android URL app link w/in control page

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:08 pm
whmoorejr offline

DomoPad/Android URL app link w/in control page

I barely remember how do do this on iOS... would guess it's similar for android...

I have DomoPad opening as the main thing and going right to a control page... but of course now it's hard (still trying to figure out how) to get back to the home screen to launch another app (airfoil) to run in the background.

Added a control page button...
Client action: Go to External URL speakers://

also tried airfoil:// and satellite://
"no application responded to the URL requested"

anyone know the URL controls for android for airfoil and pushover?

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: DomoPad/Android URL app link w/in control page

Unfortunately, Rogue Amoeba says they do not support URL launch. I asked this very question here last week.

As a work around, I'm putting Airfoil actions directly in my control pages. Not optimal, but it will do.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 pm
whmoorejr offline

Dang...
Sorry I missed your question from last week. (I do check the board before posting questions)

I just loaded an old "Test iOS controls" control page I made to see if the iOS one would still work and it didn't work either... but it use to.

So... if Domopad is set as the "Home" launcher for the android... how do you launch another app to run in the background? Is there a way to add an app to the top grey bar or something? (a solution with fewer steps than: Setting -> Home -> Launcher -> Home Button -> AirFoil -> Settings -> Home -> DomoPad -> HomeButton)

Bill

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm
RogueProeliator offline

So... if Domopad is set as the "Home" launcher for the android... how do you launch another app to run in the background?

I actually have provisions for this already without requiring that the application in question support URL launch... it was made just for your scenario of utilizing DomoPad as the launcher replacement. In the control page editor you would choose a Client Action of "Go to External URL" and enter the URL like:
Code: Select all
launch://[applicationId]

As an example, on my Pixel phone to launch the desktop clock:
launch://com.android.deskclock

So all we need is the Airfoil application identifier... which I believe is com.rogueamoeba.AirfoilSpeakers. In general, if you go to an application on the Play store via the web, clicking on the details of the application should show the ID in the URL and you can copy/paste that.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:49 pm
whmoorejr offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
launch://com.rogueamoeba.AirfoilSpeakers

Worked like a charm, many thanks.

Bill

Page 1 of 1