Anyway to......?

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:46 am
Busta999 offline

Anyway to......?

Really enjoying the excellent DomoPad on a couple of Fire Tablets around the house used exclusively for Indigo.

I'll pick up some more if they go for £29 again :-) on Black Friday.

A couple of questions having just discovered 'Notifications'

1. Is there anyway you can make a Notification persistent - i.e. remain on the screen until it is acknowledged ?

2. Is there anyway to use the DomoPads for audible alerts beyond the standard Notification sound?

i.e. Freezer Door Open Alarm - repetitive sound that runs for 5 seconds?

Weather Freezing Alert sound etc etc?

Just a thought.

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:06 pm
Colly offline

Re: Anyway to......?

Busta999 wrote:
Really enjoying the excellent DomoPad on a couple of Fire Tablets around the house used exclusively for Indigo.

I'll pick up some more if they go for £29 again :-) on Black Friday.

Out of curiosity what size Fire are you using? Plan to lookout for a few deals myself on BF!

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm
Busta999 offline

I am using both 7’” and 8”.

The 7 works just great for Control Pages, the 8” is more powerful and faster but 3x the cost.

The 7” are good enough and represent great vfm at £29 each

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:23 pm
Colly offline

Will keep an eye out for the 7" so. How have you placed them around the house? I've seen other posts with nice wall mounted surrounds. Just trying to get my shopping list together so I know what to buy if there are good deals available. Hope I'm not burying your original questions with my "off topic' queries. :)

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm
Busta999 offline

I bought a slack handful of wooden iPad/phone stands, just a block of wood with slots in it. I have a bunch multi usb chargers so one socket runs the Fire, the other sockets for iPhone/iPad charging. I have one in the kitchen the other in the lounge. I have the one in the lounge set to open a blank black Control Page when watching a Movie on Plex. Playing with notifications right now. No problem these forums are great for quick responses to things. Ask away, there is always someone on here who has done it before and can save us all money and time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm
CliveS offline

Busta999 wrote:

The 7 works just great for Control Pages, the 8” is more powerful and faster but 3x the cost.

As I have never owned an Android device in my life can you answer a few questions as at £29 (possibly) on BF it seems a much cheaper option than an iPad for using around the house.
Can you get rid of the ads on the cheaper model or don't they get in the way
Is it easy to load Domopad onto them
You say the 8" is 3x the price but I see the 7" @ £50 and an 8"HD @ £80 or am I looking at the wrong thing.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

1. Is there anyway you can make a Notification persistent - i.e. remain on the screen until it is acknowledged ?

No, not currently... you could do some control page trickery I think (have some alerts which are variable displays and clear the value for "normal" and set it to a message or a value for an image for a particular alert).

2. Is there anyway to use the DomoPads for audible alerts beyond the standard Notification sound?

No, that is on the request list and may make it into the app at some point, but there are a few gotchas with it that would need to be worked out.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 pm
RogueProeliator offline

You say the 8" is 3x the price but I see the 7" @ £50 and an 8"HD @ £80 or am I looking at the wrong thing.

You can remove the ads on any of the Fires, though they are only shown on the lock screen, so if you unlock and set them to stay on then you won't have an issue with them. It is $15, IIRC, to remove the ads for any version.

Loading the app takes a few steps but there are some decent instructions and quite a few people have done it here -- there are a few posts with guides and you can definitely get help here. Once you do it once, though, it will be pretty straight forward to do to another device.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:25 am
Busta999 offline

CliveS wrote:
Busta999 wrote:

As I have never owned an Android device in my life can you answer a few questions as at £29 (possibly) on BF it seems a much cheaper option than an iPad for using around the house.

Last year on Black Friday Amazon and Argos were selling the 7” for £29 each. That is with advertising on the Lock screen, but with Indigo Control Page permanently on and with power on and don’t turn off set while on power, you never see the adds.

Amazon may well discount the 8” too. So watch closely and choose.

Page 1 of 1