Domopad issue with airfoil

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm
Gangotti offline

Domopad issue with airfoil

Im having an issue that whenever I open up Domopad on my fire tablet, It causes the "airfoil Speaker for Android" Instance to disconnect from the airfoil network. I have trid using other apps with airfoil in the background, and it works fine, but the minute I open Domopad, I lose the airfoil network connection. In the end, my goal is to have the Fire tablet be a touchscreen interface for indigo while also acting as an airfoil speaker for the whole house audio system. Can these 2 applications operate simultaneously with airfoil in the background?

Thanks Awesome App btw!!

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:15 pm
T-Power offline

Re: Domopad issue with airfoil

You may need to give more info about your setup.
After reading your post I fired up Airfoil Speaker for Android v1.0.3 and while it played music in the background I opened Domotics Pad without any issues.
I am running Android 4.4.4, along with Indigo 6.1.11

What are your system specs?
:D

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Can these 2 applications operate simultaneously with airfoil in the background?

There is nothing inherent with DomoPad which would prevent another application from running in the background -- in fact, you pretty much couldn't even if you wanted to do so. Basically, this is either caused by how Airfoil Speaker App is coded or else the Fire is shutting down the application due to lack of resources (the Kindle Fires are not the best multi taskers in my experience). Given that T-Power gave this a test, my guess is the latter - that the Fire is at fault.

My only suggestion off hand is to launch DomoPad, then go launch the Airfoil Speaker, then switch back to DomoPad via the task/app switch key. At least this would avoid the overhead of loading the app from scratch and maybe could help. Perhaps you have already done this, but I suggest it just in case.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 am
roussell offline

Another thing to check - If you have enabled Developer Options in settings, there is a switch that prevents apps from running in the background. I don't remember how it's labeled, but it's pretty apparent by the name. It's off by default, but make sure you didn't inadvertently turn that on as it will create the scenario you mention above. I think I remember seeing other options to tune background processes somewhat, you you might check those out too. I don't have a Fire device with me at the moment so my apologies for not being able to point you directly to the switch.

Terry

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 am
T-Power offline

Here's an image of what Terry said
Setup--> Developer Options, than scroll toward the bottom
If you dont see the Developer Options than go to "About Phone" and click on the "Build Number" 7 times.
Attachments
developer-option.jpg
developer-option.jpg (124.18 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 am
Gangotti offline

Just wanted to follow up on this. after a lot of testing, I made sure all the software was updated and that only Airfoil and Domopad were running and I still had issues, a final reboot of the Fire seemed to fix it. the only problem now is that airfoil itself will not stay online once you disconnect from the speaker. the hope was to put the fire on the wall as a touchscreen interface for indigo while also using it as an airfoil instance for the room it is in. Unfortunately, just like the apple version of the airfoil speaker app, once you close the app, or disconnect from it, it is no longer visible from the airfoil server. to use it as a speaker again you need to restart the app. in the end, it is not a Domopad issue, so thanks for the support and thanks for the great app. It was well worth the money for the pro version. Anyone looking to use an android device to access indigo, this thing is your solution

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:59 am
T-Power offline

If Airfoil for Android isn't working for you than try AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waxrain.airplaydmr2

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am
roussell offline

After Adam is finished with all of my feature requests (tick tock, tick tock)... he should build in some sort of remote speaker client support!!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1