DP run OK under KitKat?

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 am
Different Computers offline

DP run OK under KitKat?

Forgive my lack of android knowledge, but I'm curious what the compatibly is like with what I think is an older OS.

Got a chance at a used Nabi Big Tab 24" tablet running KitKat 4.4. Will I hit any issues installing and running DomoPad on it?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: DP run OK under KitKat?

Got a chance at a used Nabi Big Tab 24" tablet running KitKat 4.4. Will I hit any issues installing and running DomoPad on it?

The application's minimum SDK is actually set for Ice Cream Sandwhich and my primary house control interface is a 21" tablet running just that (4.0.4 to be exact)... my only issue is not with the version but with the RAM -- I only have 512MB on this tablet and will occasionally crash the tablet due to lack of available RAM when on graphically intense control pages. I would recommend 768MB or 1GB as the minimum to be safe; I'm not familiar with that particular tablet, but might want to verify that.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:35 am

Sorry, I have no idea if Ice Cream Sandwich is earlier or later than KitKat. ---OOOH I see, Ice cream sandwich is 4.04?

Specs: 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4 T40S system-on-a-chip with 2GB RAM. 16 gb storage..

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 am
RogueProeliator offline

Sorry, I have no idea if Ice Cream Sandwich is earlier or later than KitKat. ---OOOH I see, Ice cream sandwich is 4.04?

The names are increasing in alphabetical order. :) Yes, ICS started at 4.0... I think ICS v4.0.4 is the minimum for the application now. Terry and many others are running older KitKat tablets and they do just fine.

Specs: 1.6GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4 T40S system-on-a-chip with 2GB RAM. 16 gb storage..

Can't say for sure without seeing it in action, but that sounds more than adequate -- the Tegra is a very good processor and 2GB of RAM is fine.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1