HousePad => DomoPad

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

HousePad => DomoPad

HousePad Becomes DomoPad
It seems all good things must eventually come to an end... and so it is with HousePad. Well, okay, not exactly the application, but the name... when I began HousePad oh so long ago, I had done a search in all major App Stores for anything remotely resembling the name and found it to be free. Unfortunately, it seems, this is not enough in the world of copyright/trademark lawyers and business as the name "House Pad" had been formally registered with the USPTO for a still-not-yet-released application. Alas, I was informed of this fact by a cease-and-desist letter email. (In all fairness the lawyer was nice, for what that's worth!)

THEREFORE, I have chosen to completely rebrand the application as "DomoPad." This has the very unfortunate side effect that you will have to uninstall and re-install both the Android application and Indigo Plugin for the version which is being released this weekend. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that it doesn't cause too much of an issue for anyone.

As a slight bonus to make up for the inconvenience, this new version has literally hundreds and hundreds of tweaks, improvements and brand new features. Look for the new version to be posted very shortly and the forum posts to be updated to reflect the new name where appropriate. We are getting ever so close to a point where I feel comfortable releasing to the Play Store and getting an official application out there.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:54 am
roussell offline

Re: HousePad => DomoPad

Sheesh! Just name it a random string of Unicode!!! Looking forward to the updates though!!
Terry

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: HousePad => DomoPad

Give that beta a try and let me know if you have any issues... it has the non-slide control page transition in there that I had mentioned a long while back. I'll have the v6.1 control page changes done here very shortly (the replace / return to CP list / new font / etc.) as well.

Adam

Page 1 of 1