Feature Requests

Posted on
Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Feature Requests

Here's another request - how about an option to disable the slide transition between pages. I'd prefer they just appear or fade from one to the other rather than slide. The design of my control pages have never looked right sliding from one page to another.

Yeah, I've noticed this requested a couple of times and I should be able to accommodate that -- I need to redo the settings in the app and organize them into groups/pages because there are getting too many! This type of thing isn't going to be commonly used, so don't want to clutter it up for everyone - but would like power users like yourself the option to use it.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Here's another request - how about an option to disable the slide transition between pages. I'd prefer they just appear or fade from one to the other rather than slide. The design of my control pages have never looked right sliding from one page to another.

Gotcha covered in the next release with a new setting - slide, fade or no transition between pages. Ended up being pretty darn easy to implement.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:19 am
roussell offline

Sweet, thanks Adam!

BTW, got the 21" HP Slate in, it's really nice and a crazy-good value for the money. I'm gonna try to post a review and my thoughts on it this weekend and will chronicle the installation process as well. I'm looking at a full-on re-do of my control pages though since there is SO MUCH real estate to work with now.

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 am
RogueProeliator offline

I'm looking at a full-on re-do of my control pages though since there is SO MUCH real estate to work with now.

Yeah, the screens I've previously posted in the "Control Page" thread have all been from my large monitor - tricky to design for so much real estate. When posted in the threads it almost looks too busy, but you get it on the screen and it works well.

I haven't found a "good" adaptive way to make the same pages work for both it and the tablets (and certainly not the phone). The best built-in option would be to put additional content "lower" and then on a small tablet just scroll but the large screens look better in landscape orientation, so that kind of blows that option out of the water. So I just end up with two sets.

I'm gonna try to post a review and my thoughts on it this weekend and will chronicle the installation process as well.

I look forward to it!

Adam

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:04 pm
lochnesz offline

I would appreciate a feature that automatically defaults back to a main control page after a configurable amount of time. This would be the control page showing the overview of the house for example.

Cheers!
Peter

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:15 pm
roussell offline

Ooh I like that too. It would be really cool if the Indigo Server plugin knew the current page and could specify specific pages on specific clients to display. Then the above request (plus oh so much more) could be orchestrated from Indigo triggers & schedules

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Ooh I like that too. It would be really cool if the Indigo Server plugin knew the current page and could specify specific pages on specific clients to display. Then the above request (plus oh so much more) could be orchestrated from Indigo triggers & schedules

Something similar to this is on the list to add sometime -- basically would be similar to a push notification except it would allow you specifying a control page to display. Thinking here was more along the lines of "the doorbell rings, trigger wall-mounted tablets to display the control page showing door camera" or something like that.

Wasn't really planning on having the server track what page the client was on, though I guess that could potentially be added.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I would appreciate a feature that automatically defaults back to a main control page after a configurable amount of time. This would be the control page showing the overview of the house for example.

I'll add it to my enhancements list, thanks!

Adam

Posted on
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:40 am
roussell offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Wasn't really planning on having the server track what page the client was on, though I guess that could potentially be added.

Yeh that was mostly so you could handle lochnez's request from the server-side, but now that I think about it you'd also need to know how long 'that' page had been displayed so you could jump to another after x minutes. Carry on. 8)

Terry

Posted on
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 am
MortenB offline

Here is a feature request: Support special characters like those we use in the nordics.
If I use any of our special characters in the notification settings I get an error in the log
and no push to my mobile.
The following error is displayed in the message log:

Code: Select all
2015-04-15 21:03:03.717   HousePad Android Client Plugin Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/HousePad Android Client.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkPlugin.py", line 481, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 132, in handleUnknownPluginCommand
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 1281, in urlencode
<type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Mac Mini with Indigo 6 - Testing Indigo 7
18 Qubino dimmers
6 Fibaro dimmers (v2)
13 Fibaro Smoke Sensors
13 HeatIt floor thermostats
Also running Node Red and OpenHab2

Posted on
Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:18 am
lochnesz offline

+1 for request from MortenB

Posted on
Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 am
RogueProeliator offline

Proper unicode handling in all of my plugins is on my list to look at -- right now some are okay sans debug and others, like the HousePad plugin can fail in a couple of spots. It is definitely one of the next things to do o the plugin side of things.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps to know what parts are not working well for others in setting up the "next thing."

Adam

Posted on
Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 am
MortenB offline

I´m sitting here configuring my new pads for use with DomoPad. They are going to be wallmounted around the house and I started thinking about charging them.
It would be nice to have the DomoPad write the batterystatus of the pad to a variable. That variable can have a trigger on it turning on the wallplugg when it need
charging. Haven´t looked if it is possible today but it would be a really nice feature to have. A self-charging pad :)

Mac Mini with Indigo 6 - Testing Indigo 7
18 Qubino dimmers
6 Fibaro dimmers (v2)
13 Fibaro Smoke Sensors
13 HeatIt floor thermostats
Also running Node Red and OpenHab2

Posted on
Fri May 01, 2015 5:39 am
RogueProeliator offline

It would be nice to have the DomoPad write the batterystatus of the pad to a variable.

Interesting feature request - I've never thought about that before as I just leave my permanent ones on USB power the whole time. I'll look and see what is involved, but that may require special permissions to access. I am pretty sure, though, you could accomplish at least part of this with Tasker -- have it update a variable via the RESTful interface whenever the battery gets to X% or even potentially execute the action group. Perhaps someone with more experience with Tasker can fill in the gaps if that makes sense or not.

Adam

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2015 4:46 am
lochnesz offline

Hi Adam,

Would it be possible to implement scrolling text in DomoPad?
(See viewtopic.php?f=84&t=13283)

Let's say that all variable names ending or starting with "scrolltext" would be scrolled.
What do you think?

Thanks!
Peter