HousePad - Camera Video Feed Support Added

Posted on
Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:29 pm
RogueProeliator offline

HousePad - Camera Video Feed Support Added

I have added support in HousePad so that you may view the RTSP-based video feed from your security cameras... and while this support is experimental, it has been working okay for me during testing against my security system's DVR. One caveat to remember - this will NOT go through reflector, you must have a network route (normally via a port forward on your router) to any/all cameras that you wish to view.

The RTSP feed may be launched in one of two ways:
  1. Any rtsp:// link from a control page (in Native mode) will launch the video viewer; simply choose a client side action of "Link to External URL" and enter the full rtsp:// address.
  2. The newly-posted HousePad Indigo Plugin contains a new Video Feed device that you may define with the URL to the feed. This will show up in the Devices section of HousePad.

I've only tried this on my DVR and am still working on it -- error messages are sparse or non-existent at the moment (that is in the works) and there is no "processing" indicator when it first loads. Those are some improvements to make, but wanted to post this out there to get a few more eyes on it -- so please let me know how it works for you if you try it out.

This update is on the Release Candidate download for now:
Release Candidate Download
HousePad Indigo Plugin Download

Adam

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 am
T-Power offline

Re: HousePad - Camera Video Feed Support Added

Adam,

Thank you for another supportive update with improved features!
You Rock! :D

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Page 1 of 1