v0.8.2 Release Candidate Posted

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 am
jmiked offline

Re: v0.8.2 Release Candidate Posted

OK, I'm now running v0.8.7, and no more crashes.

Unfortunately, I now have another problem. I enabled the Android Client Plugin and the SGL Logger plugin. The SQL plugin created a database. When I go to the Indigo Event Log page on the Android phone, I get a message that says: "SQL Logger mis-configured or not enabled for this type."

Any thoughts?

Also, I keep seeing references and screenshots about pairing the phone with Indigo, but I've never seen any of those things show up on either my phone or the Indigo program. I'm unlikely to use this, but I'm a bit confused that I can't find it.

Mike

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am
T-Power offline

Hello Adam,

First off I would very much like to say congrats again on your continued support with updating HousePad!
I use it several times a day and its my favorite app

I just went from v0.8.6 to v0.8.8 and noticed you changed the app icon. Would it be possible to also include the dark theme option?

T.I.A. :D

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Unfortunately, I now have another problem. I enabled the Android Client Plugin and the SGL Logger plugin. The SQL plugin created a database. When I go to the Indigo Event Log page on the Android phone, I get a message that says: "SQL Logger mis-configured or not enabled for this type."

I was able to find the error report with your forum username on it -- shows a "Connection Refused" error which may be one of a couple of things... Do you have the HousePad Indigo Plugin installed?

The pairing is used to allow Indigo to send push notifications to your Android device... that is the only benefit of pairing to Indigo. To do so you would have to install the above-mentioned Indigo plugin and create an Android device (in Indigo). Once created then HousePad can pair to it via the normal device listing. After that is complete, you'll find an action to allow sending push notification alerts to the device.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I just went from v0.8.6 to v0.8.8 and noticed you changed the app icon. Would it be possible to also include the dark theme option?

I am moving the application's design to conform with Google's Material Design specifications... this requires significant re-tooling of the appearance of the application but thus far I am really liking the consistency that it brings (you haven't seen most of the changes in the currently-published version). Anyway, once that is completed I will likely re-introduce some theming options.

What did you use - the one with the dark top bar and white content area or the one that was completely dark with the black (or near black) content area?

Adam

Posted on
Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:33 am
jmiked offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
I was able to find the error report with your forum username on it -- shows a "Connection Refused" error which may be one of a couple of things... Do you have the HousePad Indigo Plugin installed?

Adam

Yes, I do have it installed.

A few minutes ago (after I started writing this message) I noticed I was getting the following when starting up Indigo:

HousePad Android Client Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 244, in getIWSPluginVersion
responseToQuery = opener.open("http://localhost:" + self.pluginPrefs.get("indigoPort") + "/AndroidClientHelper/getVersionInfo")
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 381, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 399, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 360, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 1118, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/urllib2.py", line 1093, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error (22, 'Invalid argument')>

I hadn't seen it before.

Mike

Posted on
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 am
T-Power offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

I am moving the application's design to conform with Google's Material Design specifications... this requires significant re-tooling of the appearance of the application but thus far I am really liking the consistency that it brings (you haven't seen most of the changes in the currently-published version). Anyway, once that is completed I will likely re-introduce some theming options.

What did you use - the one with the dark top bar and white content area or the one that was completely dark with the black (or near black) content area?

Adam

Hello Adam,
Glad to hear your making more than weekly progress on HousePad.
I dont want to stand in the way of progress over some cosmetics while your getting the app ready for prime time. I was using the dark background with the white text because I like the way it flowed with a few other apps.

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6