Housepad Thermostat Compatability

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 pm
DaveL17 offline

Housepad Thermostat Compatability

I'm working with Housepad 0.4.0 and absolutely love it. I haven't been able to get it to work fully with my thermostats, however. They are functioning properly when I access control pages through Housepad, but not the native thermostat controls under devices.

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin: Housepad does read the Nest state -- I can change the temperature via Indigo and the changes will be reflected in Housepad. If I try to make a change via Housepad, however, the client reports success on the phone, but the Housepad thermostat control within the app doesn't change and the actual thermostat doesn't change. Also, no record of anything to the log.

Trane Z-Wave Thermostat: I seem to get a little more interaction with a native Z-Wave thermostat. I can select a change in cool setpoint, and will get a reaction in the log; however, the setpoint doesn't actually change. In fact, if I have a setpoint of 73 and request one degree cooler, the log says:

Code: Select all
  Z-Wave                          sent "Thermostat - Upstairs" increase cool setpoint to 73.0°
  Z-Wave                          received "Thermostat - Upstairs" cool setpoint is 73 °F

In other words, it doesn't change.

If there's anything I can do to help chase this down, or if there's something that I'm not doing properly, please let me know.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Housepad Thermostat Compatability

The thermostat native device control is BY FAR the least tested -- simply because I do not have a physical device and have only relied on testing via a fake/virtual device. Let me double check my logic in there and may need to get back with to track something down.

I assume Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin shows up properly as a thermostat and shows the correct states in the Device Details? I guess I'm just wanting to double-check that it is only the control and not the device/details/something deeper that is messed up.

Thanks,
Adam

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm
DaveL17 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
I assume Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin shows up properly as a thermostat and shows the correct states in the Device Details? I guess I'm just wanting to double-check that it is only the control and not the device/details/something deeper that is messed up.

Thanks,
Adam

Hey Adam - yes it does. Visually indistinguishable from my other thermostat within Housepad. I believe the Nest plugin uses standard thermostat device config.

Indigo --> Housepad seems reliable for both types of thermostat.

Dave

Posted on
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:25 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Dave:

I fixed the bug which resulted in the set point not changing from HousePad... It will be in the next release or you can check it out now in the "preview" release download:
http://www.duncanware.com/Downloads/IndigoHomeAutomation/Clients/HousePad/HousePad-rc.apk

That release adds about-to-be-tested Geofencing, support for Prism Reflectors and action group & control page home screen shortcut widgets.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 pm
T-Power offline

I'll take the newest preview for a test drive too! :)

T.I.A.

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'll take the newest preview for a test drive too!

Go for it -- welcome to do so at your own risk! ;-) This is the release that I post during development to distribute to my other (non-development) devices, so it generally is pretty stable BUT may be undergoing testing or debugging at any given time.

It will request GPS Location permissions in order to enable the Geofence features.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm
T-Power offline

Sweet!
Thank you!
This my favorite app!

MacMini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB DDR3
Indigo Pro 2022.1 macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:49 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks Adam. I'll load up this version and give it a spin.

It's on my wife's phone, so it'll be whenever I can get my hands on it... :D

Posted on
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:47 am
DaveL17 offline

Adam - was able to install the new apk on the wife's phone and the thermostat code seems to be fixed. I was able to interact with both the Trane and Nest tstats. Will report back if I see anything else. Great job on the app. Definitely going to increase the WAF.

Dave

Posted on
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23 am
RogueProeliator offline

Will report back if I see anything else. Great job on the app. Definitely going to increase the WAF.

Thanks, glad I could help! :-)

Page 1 of 1