DomoPad URL error

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:37 am
Different Computers offline

DomoPad URL error

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to the appropriate folder

I'm seeing this regularly in the Indigo log:
Code: Select all
Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /AndroidClientHelper/updateAndroidDeviceStates from [my external IP]

I get this is some page being called via DomoPad (because I ONLY use androids via/for DomoPad) but I'm curious if there's any other way I might be able to zero in closer on what trigger is making DomoPad call the page, or which page it is. Is there an actual web server log I could grep through?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: DomoPad URL error

I believe the DomoPad client itself is the one calling this URL. I believe Adam is working on an updated Indigo plugin that removes the need for this old IWS plugin. Those plugins (for the old web server) will no longer work in the new web server.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:35 pm
Different Computers offline

Thanks!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:48 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I'm still getting this error :

Code: Select all
Mar 31, 2023 at 9:30:37 PM
   Web Server Warning              undefined page for request /AndroidClientHelper/updateAndroidDeviceStates from 108.XXX.XXX.XXXX

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:10 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hey guys... I have started testing a new plugin/DP version that uses the new web server architecture and fixes a few things. I was close except for the Plugins menu not working -- I need to get back with Matt/Jay on that as a command changed and I need to update to new params I believe.

However, I can probably send you a new version to side load if you want -- to get a new version to beta I have to go through creating a YouTube video to show why the app needs geo-location information. Apparently, app updates that have used it for years may be dangerous? Who knows. But short of getting that up I THINK others things are working okay. The side load would still let geofencing work in principle but I have not tested that yet.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:27 pm
durosity offline

Outta interest what’s the minimum android version for the new app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:48 pm
ryanbuckner offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Hey guys... I have started testing a new plugin/DP version that uses the new web server architecture and fixes a few things. I was close except for the Plugins menu not working -- I need to get back with Matt/Jay on that as a command changed and I need to update to new params I believe.

However, I can probably send you a new version to side load if you want -- to get a new version to beta I have to go through creating a YouTube video to show why the app needs geo-location information. Apparently, app updates that have used it for years may be dangerous? Who knows. But short of getting that up I THINK others things are working okay. The side load would still let geofencing work in principle but I have not tested that yet.

Adam

I'd be willing to test this

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:16 am
RogueProeliator offline

Outta interest what’s the minimum android version for the new app?

Right now I am able to support a minimum of SDK 21 -- Android 5.0 (Lollipop). However, library support for releases this old is quickly fading so it might be the last main release for 5.0. It looks like about 11 devices are running 5.1, the remainder are at 7.0+.

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:19 am
RogueProeliator offline

I'd be willing to test this

I'll try to post a beta (side load) APK and a new plugin shortly. I resolved the last two issues I know about tonight, so I will get the plugin/new app version tested and post a few links. If all goes well for that then I'll start working on an official beta and trying to get all their new documentation requirements done.

Posted on
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

If you are interested in trying it out... this is very beta but I am testing it all out and no major gotchas so far. A few small things to deal with but they are minor compared to it not fully working - the only "big" one is SQL Logger History doesn't show at the moment.

APK Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jBQ83Y26pqPhBbsVqARfrrz8Kn-Os8oJ/view?usp=share_link

Indigo Plugin Release
https://github.com/RogueProeliator/indigo-plugins-googleclients/releases/tag/v2023.1.0-beta-2

If you do try it out, please let me know your experience.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 am
lochnesz offline

Hi Adam,

Can the two versions run in parallel, so I can test the new version on my phone while still having the old running on other tablets in the house?

Thanks!
Peter

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:46 pm
ryanbuckner offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
If you are interested in trying it out... this is very beta but I am testing it all out and no major gotchas so far. A few small things to deal with but they are minor compared to it not fully working - the only "big" one is SQL Logger History doesn't show at the moment.

APK Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jBQ83Y26pqPhBbsVqARfrrz8Kn-Os8oJ/view?usp=share_link

Indigo Plugin Release
https://github.com/RogueProeliator/indigo-plugins-googleclients/releases/tag/v2023.1.0-beta-2

If you do try it out, please let me know your experience.

Adam

TL;DR;
We were having an issue where DomoPad wasn't showing some devices on control pages. Specifically garage door openers. This appears to be fixed.

Details:

My wife relies on DP on her Pixel to function in every day life. She's in a wheel chair and has a love/hate relationship with my home automation hobby.
I created an Indigo Control Page to help her open and close the garage doors. Before the beta release the garage door devices did not appear on her DomoPad.. Now they show.

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:04 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Can the two versions run in parallel, so I can test the new version on my phone while still having the old running on other tablets in the house?

They cannot work together on the same device, but certainly can on different devices. The plugin is not compatible with the older version for the "extra" functionality but the old plugin doesn't work with the re-architected web server. I don't think you will lose anything by upgrading the plugin (unless you are running an older version of Indigo).

Worst case, you can downgrade the plugin or mobile app pretty easily. Also, you can install the latest app on your phone without upgrading the plugin if you want to test the app out. You won't be missing too much in that configuration.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:25 am
durosity offline

I've resurrected my old android tablets for now to start experimenting with using them again (things have all been messed up the last few years so not really been using it).

A few minor issues I've noticed (which may just be due to my setup)

Sending control page push notifications doesn't seem to be working. I've re-registered the device and it shows as sent in the log but nothing changes on the tablet screen

Wake for Face Detection doesn't seem to be working either (I'm not sure if it ever did tbh!)

Also, don't suppose you'd be able to implement that feature of controlling the display brightness via indigo would you? I'd have thought the best way to do it would be to make the device a dimmer in indigo itself.. but.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not an expert. But adding that functionality would be *amazingly* useful to me :D

Other than that it seems to be working fine. Control pages are loading correctly and quickly.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:32 am
durosity offline

Actually.. looks like it’s all push notifications. Is there any way I can diagnose if the issues on the tablet side or the server side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.