User Privileges Control?

Posted on
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:50 am
ryanbuckner offline

User Privileges Control?

I'd like to restrict my DomoPad users from being able to enable/disable triggers, action groups, and schedules. I really just want them to have execute access similar to indigo touch. Is there a way to do this currently?

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: User Privileges Control?

I'd like to restrict my DomoPad users from being able to enable/disable triggers, action groups, and schedules. I really just want them to have execute access similar to indigo touch. Is there a way to do this currently?

Not at the moment, no. If they use the free (non-paid) version then it will restrict some of the advanced access like enabling/disabling some things and act more like Indigo Touch.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:21 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Not sure if you. have a feature request page. I'd be willing to donate for this feature.

Posted on
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:23 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Not sure if you. have a feature request page. I'd be willing to donate for this feature.

The main issue here is that Indigo doesn't support multi-users so any restrictions we put into place will be client controlled, which is not great from a security standpoint. If we allowed locking it down in the settings, nothing much would keep them from resetting the data, re-logging in and get full access. SO, if the desire is mostly one of "keep family members from getting into things they don't need to" it is probably acceptable; if it is "let AirBnb guests access it", probably not good.

What is your use case?

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:58 am
ryanbuckner offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

The main issue here is that Indigo doesn't support multi-users so any restrictions we put into place will be client controlled, which is not great from a security standpoint. If we allowed locking it down in the settings, nothing much would keep them from resetting the data, re-logging in and get full access. SO, if the desire is mostly one of "keep family members from getting into things they don't need to" it is probably acceptable; if it is "let AirBnb guests access it", probably not good.

What is your use case?

Adam

Thanks for the explanation. I have a disabled user in the house with an android phone, so they rely on DomoPad and Alexa to conduct simple tasks. Lights, alarm, door locks, A/C, fans and some custom features I've scripted like having Alexa read the kids' lunch menu for the day, or alert us when school is closed for snow.

This user is not very savvy, so I sometimes find actions disabled or enabled, schedules disabled, or comms deactivated for devices. For example, sometimes instead of disarming the alarm, this user disables the action group for "Disarm Alarm" and I figure that out the next day when my daughter opens the back door during breakfast and the alarm blasts. (Indigo would have tried to disarm the alarm based on **very secure I'm sure** business rules, but failed because the action group is disabled)

I'll have to approach this with more training. I was hoping there was a harder line I could draw, but I certainly see the reasons why this capability doesn't currently exist.

Posted on
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Does DomoPad have the ability to enable/disable things like that? Indigo Touch doesn't (and that's intentional - it was designed as a control client, not a configuration client).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1