Failure to connect

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:48 pm
aemerick offline

Failure to connect

Have pad installed and configured through android phone and MacBook Air . The pug is installed and configured as per instructions and the reflector works fine with the browser based interface communicating fine. The phone will connect on wifi at home but will not connect off that network, hope someone can help.

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Failure to connect

The phone will connect on wifi at home but will not connect off that network, hope someone can help.

First, double check in the settings that it was able to read the reflector URL correctly -- Settings -> Indigo Connection / Advanced Settings. Check the "Remote Access Settings" that the Away IP/Host Name is your proper reflector and that Away Use HTTPS is checked.

If those look good, it could be that the app is failing to determine that it needs to switch to Away settings for some reason. When you are away and fail to connect, slide out the navigation pane and check the "Mode". It should show as a map pin when away; if it is showing a Home icon, click that to switch to Away and retest.

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:01 am
aemerick offline

Mode never changes and when tapped. How do I determine away IP/Host name? When Location is copied from reflector web location URL in browser, it is not allowed. when entered. And away port left Use Default?

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:13 am
aemerick offline

Retried entering remote access settings and it is working! I believe ( /) at the end of the Host name string may have been the culprit. Thanks! A 2 minute youtube video (if there isn't one already that I have not found) on the little issues that may cause trouble during set up might be helpful and augment adoption. Looking forward to exploiting the potential this app offers.

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:22 pm
aemerick offline

Created geofence and error message when I try to enable

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:15 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Created geofence and error message when I try to enable

And the error is... ?

Posted on
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:52 am
aemerick offline

When the box "enabled" is checked and the check mark icon at the top of the screen is Checked a box appears and states "an error was encountered while enabling the geofence". Apologies for not posting this initially.

Posted on
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:30 am
RogueProeliator offline

When the box "enabled" is checked and the check mark icon at the top of the screen is Checked a box appears and states "an error was encountered while enabling the geofence". Apologies for not posting this initially.

The most common cause of this error is an actual error from the Android system... First let's see if Domotics Pad is able to properly connect to the Location Manager on your phone. You can test this by creating a new Geofence and check the "Fence Geography" (the Lat/Long). Is that filled in and accurate to your actual location?

Adam

Posted on
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:57 pm
aemerick offline

Yes, is accurate

Page 1 of 1