Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:29 am
jmdraper offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Scratch that. I upgraded to the latest version of the plugin (haven't played with this for a while) and that seems to have fixed the issue, whatever it was.

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:01 pm
dduff617 offline

regarding my previous query about how to make the descriptions of pushover notifications more descriptive and more useful...

i saw another reply by jay in another subforum with the following info about how a plugin can update the text description of the action:

jay (support) wrote:
In your validateActionConfigUi method, add a "description" key to the valuesDict and it'll use that:

Code: Select all
valuesDict['description'] = "some description of the action configuration"

Posted on
Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:56 pm
markf424 offline

dduff617 wrote:
regarding my previous query about how to make the descriptions of pushover notifications more descriptive and more useful...

i saw another reply by jay in another subforum with the following info about how a plugin can update the text description of the action:

If I'm not mistaken, this will require that a description be entered for each of the pushover notifications that are configured. If so, it seems like an extra step each time you configure an action in order to get some potential benefit after the fact. I'm not sure what other fields would be useful - taking the full message doesn't seem like it makes sense.

One way to solve your issue might be to create Action Groups for each type of Pushover notification you plan to send. Then, use these Action Groups as your action - they'll be descriptive and reusable.

I'm just not excited about adding an extra field to the configuration to support descriptions. It's not something I've found personally necessary.

Posted on
Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:41 am
dduff617 offline

no - i think you missed my point. i definitely did not intend for this to be an additional user-specified custom field - i agree that there would be no value in that.

rather, what i had in mind was that pushover notifications behave more like the other built-in notifications such that instead of every pushover having exactly identical description with the fixed string "send push notification", that the description be a more descriptive auto-generated description based on the parameters of the pushover action {title (opt), message (can contain variables), sound (opt), priority (opt), device (opt), Link (opt), Link Title (opt)}.

if you check, you can see that nearly all of the built-in actions populate their descriptions based on the settings/parameters. here are some examples of action descriptions:
send email to duff@alum.mit.edu; subject "fire in the kitchen!"
turn on device "Exhaust Fan"
send push notification

the code snippet i included is from the validateActionConfigUi method, which implies that it has access to all of the user-supplied parameters at the time when the user is done entering them and thus seems like the ideal code point for the description to get set.

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:21 pm
edrabbit offline

In case this helps anyone else:
I also had a working setup of Puchover+Indigo up until early September. Test pushes from Pushover's site go through fine. Tests through Indigo show no errors in the logs, but it never gets to Pushover's servers.

The version I have showing in Indigo is 2.0.5, which doesn't make any sense. The .zip I downloaded has a date of 12/14/2014 and here's the plist:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>PluginVersion</key>
   <string>2.0.5</string>
   <key>ServerApiVersion</key>
   <string>1.0</string>
   <key>IwsApiVersion</key>
   <string>1.0.0</string>
   <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
   <string>Pushover</string>
   <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
   <string>io.thechad.indigoplugin.pushover</string>
   <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
   <string>1.0.0</string>
   <key>CFBundleURLTypes</key>
   <array>
      <dict>
         <key>CFBundleURLName</key>
         <string>http://www.thechad.io/</string>
      </dict>
   </array>
</dict>
</plist>

No clue where I got that from.

I downloaded 1.1.5 and installed that, accepting the "Downgrade and Enable" and things are back to working.

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 am
Brady offline

Thanks for the work on this plugin!! Works great.

I submitted an enhancement request on GitHub. Would make the 'require confirmation' / emergency priority notifications to be a lot more powerful. Would love the ability to have Indigo cancel the emergency notification with a trigger or action group. This way I could end notifications once my 'emergency' is considered resolved.

https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/indig ... /issues/12

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 am
Bollar offline

Could someone give me an example of how a device state could be called in a Pushover message string? I see the functionality was added in February, but it assumes the end user actually knows what he's doing.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 am
FlyingDiver offline

I don't have a Pushover account, but I looked at the code and the author is using the standard Indigo variable/device state substitution call. From the wiki:

Notice the call to self.substitute() - this method is defined in the plugin base class. If your user inserts

%%v:12345%%
into their string where 12345 is the ID of a variable, the call will return a string with all variable occurrences substituted. If your user inserts

%%d:12345:someStateId%%
into their string where 12345 is the ID of a device and someStateId is a valid state identifier, the call will return a string with all device state occurrences substituted.

So just put "%%d:12345:someStateId%%" in the text field for the message, substituting the actual device ID for 12345, and the actual name of the state you want to send. You can put text before and after the template string, and you can have more than one in the same message.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:39 am
Bollar offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't have a Pushover account, but I looked at the code and the author is using the standard Indigo variable/device state substitution call. From the wiki:

Notice the call to self.substitute() - this method is defined in the plugin base class. If your user inserts

%%v:12345%%
into their string where 12345 is the ID of a variable, the call will return a string with all variable occurrences substituted. If your user inserts

%%d:12345:someStateId%%
into their string where 12345 is the ID of a device and someStateId is a valid state identifier, the call will return a string with all device state occurrences substituted.

So just put "%%d:12345:someStateId%%" in the text field for the message, substituting the actual device ID for 12345, and the actual name of the state you want to send. You can put text before and after the template string, and you can have more than one in the same message.

Good, thanks!

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:54 pm
mattyf offline

I tried getting this working this morning, everything seemed to install ok, but when I attempt to use it nothing happens and nothing at all is reported in the log.

Does this work with Indigo 7?

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm
edrabbit offline

Works for me with Indigo 7.0.2. Although I've noticed a few delayed deliveries lately, but I imagine that's probably on the Pushover service side.

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 am
haavarda offline

Any chance to implement the new features in the pushover API?
Pushing data directly to apple watch:

http://updates.pushover.net/post/152731668192/pushing-data-directly-to-a-complication-on-your

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 pm
jmdraper offline

Thanks for the link to the new Pushover Glances API. I am not the original plugin developer but I have worked with this code before as I created the IFTTT plugin starting from the same codebase and adapting it. I like the look of the Glances API though and I have an Apple Watch to test with so if nobody else gets there first I think I will have a go at implementing this. My first thought is to get this working as a stand-alone plugin to start with. I am a newbie developer though, having taught myself Python from a book over Christmas, so it may take me a few weeks to get something up and running in my spare time.

Posted on
Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:40 am
mattyf offline

edrabbit wrote:
Works for me with Indigo 7.0.2. Although I've noticed a few delayed deliveries lately, but I imagine that's probably on the Pushover service side.

Is there any way to enable verbose logging for this plugin?

Posted on
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 am
MeetKevin offline

Newbie question:

In Pushover actions, under Title and Message, how do I include / get the value of a variable already created?

E.G. Current time created via motion detector trigger. I'd like this to post to the message in the notification.

Thanks so much!!
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 15 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15