Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Posted on
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:51 pm
markf424 offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

The issue of needing a delay is actually a plugin issue. The http connection isn't closed properly. I've submitted a change here: https://github.com/markf/indigo-pushover

The easy way to fix is to simply add:
Code: Select all
conn.close()

as the last line of
 /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/pushover.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/plugin.py

Posted on
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:27 pm
MarcoGT offline

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try :)

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm
discgolfer1138 offline

nice catch, why not submit a pull request ? :)

Indigo 6.1.0 | Mac Mini | OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
Fork Me on GitHub!

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 pm
discgolfer1138 offline

got your pull request, merged and updated version to 1.1.3. new release available here:
https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/indig ... tag/v1.1.3

Indigo 6.1.0 | Mac Mini | OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
Fork Me on GitHub!

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:48 pm
MarcoGT offline

Posted on
Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 pm
LeeButler offline

I'm running 1.1.3 and everything appears to work but Pushover messages are never being delivered. The Event Log has the message sent but no error conditions at all.

Testing from pushover.net or sending email all work fine, but nothing I send from Indigo is arriving. How can I debug this?

Thanks,
Lee

Posted on
Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:04 pm
LeeButler offline

Well, this is a little embarrassing.. More experimentation fixed my problem. The message body is a required field. As log as I have something in the message field (vs title) the messages arrive.

Posted on
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:00 am
markf424 offline

LeeButler wrote:
Well, this is a little embarrassing.. More experimentation fixed my problem. The message body is a required field. As log as I have something in the message field (vs title) the messages arrive.

I use the title as a classification of sorts, and the message as my data. For instance, if the message has to do with my pool, title will be "Pool", and message will be something like "Solar Heat Off due to warm water." Or whatever. I find it useful to categorize the messages this way.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:53 am
cjp767 offline

Here is a problem that is clearly mine-- I have a number of Pushover notifications set for different things-- they're working perfectly. Unfortunately, I have created a Pushover notification set with the wrong verbiage-- the text I am sending in Pushover does not reflect what's going on. (I likely did a copy/paste into an incorrect Trigger or Action Group).

So, how can I find which trigger or action group that Pushover notification is coming from? I do not see a reference for it in the Event Log. Further, the message is intermittent. You gotta love troubleshooting intermittent issues. The only Pushover entries in the log reflect my upgrading to Pushover 1.1.3 (i'm a little late to the party).

It's obvious I've made an error. Is there a list of "pushovers sent" and their sources?

thanks for any help!

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm
markf424 offline

One way is to get into Terminal on your server machine and do the following:
cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 6/Databases/
grep -B6 -A50 "your erroneous string here" <your database>.indiDb

You may have to change the B (lines before) and especially A (lines after) to bigger numbers to give you enough clues. This should at least give you the raw output of the section of your DB that is triggering the alert. You will see your alert Action, preceded or followed by any other action, then you'll see the Conditions listed under the ConditionList heading. The conditions should be enough to tell you what's causing the erroneous alert.

Hope this helps.

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:10 pm
cjp767 offline

That's a great input, thank you. I'll use that the next time I see an issue. Of course I haven't had any "bad" Pushover notifications since I posted. The system likely thinks I have embarrassed myself sufficiently.

Posted on
Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:36 am
whmoorejr offline

Simple question:

Leave device field blank = all devices

Device name = just that device

Device names format? = 3 of 10 devices

If you want to send a push to 3 of your 10 devices, what is the format? I've tried all kinds of combinations... Space, comma, slash etc between device names. In my experiments, either just the first device in my list gets the push or all devices in my push universe.... But not just the 3 devices.

I'm trying to limit my random experiments as everytime the kitchen iPad dings, the Rottweiler thinks we are under attack and looses her mind -> wakes baby -> wife upset -> anti nerd commentary -> Because our house will be awesome!, now make me a sandwich! (Last part is just in my head, don't tell her I said that)

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:28 am
markf424 offline

whmoorejr wrote:
If you want to send a push to 3 of your 10 devices, what is the format? I've tried all kinds of combinations... Space, comma, slash etc between device names. In my experiments, either just the first device in my list gets the push or all devices in my push universe.... But not just the 3 devices.

From https://pushover.net/api:
device - your user's device name to send the message directly to that device, rather than all of the user's devices (multiple devices may be separated by a comma)

The plugin doesn't do anything with the text you enter except strip() it, meaning removing leading or trailing whitespace. So if you enter your devices separated by a comma and no spaces, you should get the desired outcome.

For instance:

iphone,tablet,desktop

I just tested this and it works in my configuration.

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm
philipbasile offline

discgolfer,

quick question before I move to pushover.

If I send text messages from indigo to my iPhone with the plugin will they all land in a single thread on my iPhone or will they each be their own thread.

Thanks

Philip

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:02 pm
whmoorejr offline

philipbasile wrote:
discgolfer,

quick question before I move to pushover.

If I send text messages from indigo to my iPhone with the plugin will they all land in a single thread on my iPhone or will they each be their own thread.

Thanks

Philip

It's not a "text" message (MMS or SMS). It's a push notification. (Each one will be on a separate line in the pushover app on your phone.

The major up-side to a push notification versus a text is the delivery speed.

I hope that helps.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Page 5 of 15 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15