Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Posted on
Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 am
haavarda offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

have you added the possibility to send notifications with different alert sound?

Code: Select all
Notification Sounds
Users can choose from 21 different default sounds to play when receiving notifications, rather than our standard Pushover tone. Applications can override a user's default tone choice on a per-notification basis.

When sending notifications through the Pushover API, the sound parameter may be set to one of the following:

pushover - Pushover (default)
bike - Bike
bugle - Bugle
cashregister - Cash Register
classical - Classical
cosmic - Cosmic
falling - Falling
gamelan - Gamelan
incoming - Incoming
intermission - Intermission
magic - Magic
mechanical - Mechanical
pianobar - Piano Bar
siren - Siren
spacealarm - Space Alarm
tugboat - Tug Boat
alien - Alien Alarm (long)
climb - Climb (long)
persistent - Persistent (long)
echo - Pushover Echo (long)
updown - Up Down (long)
none - None (silent)
If no sound parameter is specified, the user's default tone will play. If the user has not chosen a custom sound, the standard Pushover sound will play.

regrads
Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:11 am
marceltrapman offline

haavarda wrote:
have you added the possibility to send notifications with different alert sound?
Did you read the readme?

Posted on
Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:17 am
haavarda offline

Yep, I thought so. According to the read me file I saw it does not look like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:58 am
marceltrapman offline

Apologies, my bad.

I thought I had copied everything but I had not.
Corrected now.

So, to be complete: 'yes, sound is supported' :)

The only thing not supported, unless I missed something, is the timestamp because I have no clue how to implement it in a user-friendly way and because I don't see any use for it.

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:28 am
haavarda offline

Tested it, and it works great!

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:44 am
marceltrapman offline

Nice, thank you for reporting back!

Posted on
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:12 pm
earache offline

marceltrapman wrote:
The only thing not supported, unless I missed something, is the timestamp because I have no clue how to implement it in a user-friendly way and because I don't see any use for it.

I gather that's why I'm seeing "u'%s', u" before the title and message. Anyway to no-load the timestamp variable or just automatically insert the current time?

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 am
marceltrapman offline

I think you have downloaded the plugin a couple of minutes too soon :)

It is a bug and I noticed it a little bit too late.
It should be solved with the last version available.

Please compare versions and when you do not have the last one download it.

When there is (still) an issue please use the issues section of github to tell me and I will change it.

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm
earache offline

Yes, I was a bit anxious. Sorry for jumping the gun. Grabbed the latest version and everything works great. Thanks. One question, how hard would it be to insert variable data into the title or message string? I'm thinking like pushing the daily weather forecast or state of sensors, etc.

Posted on
Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:37 am
marceltrapman offline

earache wrote:
One question, how hard would it be to insert variable data into the title or message string? I'm thinking like pushing the daily weather forecast or state of sensors, etc.
It is already possible to substitute variables 'The Indigo Way'. in the title and message.

I also updated the readme file on GitHub but it is quite easy.
You can read more here: http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... bstitution.

Posted on
Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 am
jmdraper offline

Hi all

I am new to Indigo (and indeed Python) - recently moved over from HomeSeer - and had knocked up a script to do Pushover notifications but it was clunky. Spotted this and it's a whole lot slicker - many thanks to all.

I downloaded the latest master from the GitHub repository and generally works well but I noticed that selecting a different sound for the alert doesn't actually change anything - it still uses the default sound. I managed to pick my way through the Python code to see that when the sound parameter is set based on the selection made in the dialogue box, there is a typo and it says parameters[sourd] instead of parameters[sound]. I corrected the typo in the plugin on my server and it does indeed now work properly.

I'm afraid I am not at all familiar with GitHub and couldn't immediately work out what I should do with this, but if someone who does know wants to make the correction in the master, I thought this might help others.

Thanks again,
Jon

Posted on
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:41 pm
polycron offline

I'm sorry if I missed this posted elsewhere. I currently have a Pushover API as well as 3 devices setup on my account. I'd like to send messages to a friend who has her own pushover account. How can I do that using this plugin? I don't want her to get everything that is sent, but only specific messages. I've been able to deligate which messages go to each of my 3 devices using the device names in the action but am not sure how to sent something to someone else's account using their user key.

polycron

Posted on
Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:02 pm
jmdraper offline

The instructions in the configuration dialog box for the plugin suggest that there is a way of configuring the plugin with more than one API key but if I've understood it correctly I think for the purposes you're describing, you'd need to be able to use multiple user keys as well as multiple API keys and the plugin doesn't support that.

I thought of one possible alternative approach you could take that might meet your needs: you can send pushover notifications using email instead. See here: https://pushover.net/faq#technical-email - you'd need to get your friend's user key and send emails to [user-key]@api.pushover.net or [user key]+[device name]@api.pushover.net to send only to one of the devices on your friend's account. I've never tried this myself and I guess it might not be quite as fast, but might be a suitable work-around for you depending on your needs and would of course be easily achieved within Indigo.

Jon

Posted on
Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:56 pm
marceltrapman offline

My version of the plugin allows the use of more than one API key.
I even improved it over the last released version to make things easier to work with..

Unfortunately the original developer decided not to use this option.

That means that there are two different versions of the plugin now.
Therefore I have to change the id of the plugin and I have not done that yet.

Will do that in the near future so that you can decide which version you want to use.
BTW this will mean that it is a whole new plugin and you will not be able to use current settings.

Posted on
Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:47 pm
polycron offline

Jon,

That's the way that I ended up having to do this. I use my USERkey in the plugin and then use different device names for my different devices. This works great and allows me to turn on/off different notifications to my devices. Since you can not specify multiple USERkey's in the configuration, I ended up using the email option you described. It works, albeit slowly. I'm not sure I follow what the need is for multiple APPkey's?

Ultimately, multiple USERkey's and User Name's is the only Non-Email way I can think of doing it. Unless I'm missing something?

Jeff (Polycron)

Edit: I should also mention that the goal is to be able to set individual triggers that check a status variable for the user and one of their devices and if true, sends the pushover to that users selected device. IE: NotifyJohnCell, NotifyJohnTablet, NotifyJohnHomeaudio, NotifyJaneCell. This way I can limit the notifications not only to John's different devices, but also to Jane's different devices as well.