Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 am
haavarda offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Works very good. Nice to get the image with the notification. Thanks for the work with this plugin.
One thing I noticed. In the log, the picture file is listed multiple times. Is this normal? Does it send the image 4 times?

Code: Select all
19. feb. 2018, 16:10:52
   Trigger                         Doorbell main entrance activated - Rich Push
   Trigger                         Oppdater alarmliste
   Schedule                        Doorbell main entrance activated - Rich Push (delayed action)
   Pushover Debug                  Det er noen ved døra
   Pushover Debug                  Ringeklokke aktivert!
   Pushover Debug                  Vis utgang
   Pushover Debug                  indigo://controlpage/Ute
   Pushover Debug                  /Users/Server/SecuritySpy/Doorbell/picturePE.jpg
   Pushover Debug                  /Users/Server/SecuritySpy/Doorbell/picturePE.jpg

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am
jcs offline

No, it's just because
prepareTextValue()
is being called multiple times to expand variables in the attachment field and that function logs the result each time. It should probably just be called once for
msgAttachment
and the result put in a variable.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 am
vtmikel offline

I noticed this too. I'll see if I can improve it.

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hey guys - seeing as there are multiple people contributing (which is fantastic), when you guys are ready to create a new release let me know (I don't think we want to create a new release every time there's a pull request, particularly given that there have been 3 or 4 in the past day or so).

So, when you're done with any changes for the short-term (next several days for instance) then let me know and I'll generate a new release. I will go ahead and merge the 2 outstanding pull requests so the master is caught up.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just sent the two contributors (@jcs and @vtmikel) to this plugin invitations to give you write access so you can just push directly to the repo. When you think it's ready for a release let me know and I'll create it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:16 pm
vtmikel offline

I'm curious how the SecuritySpy users plan to implement the attachments.

My SecuritySpy server is the same as my Indigo. As far as I can tell, the continuous capture feature in SecuritySpy only allows for a FTP transfer. And the other image options adds timestamps so you will never know the name of the jpg file you need.

I could send it to my NAS, and download it back to the Mac, but that round trip seems silly and would likely cause a delay in the image that gets sent to pushover.

I'm thinking that, instead, I would get the jpeg of the camera via the SecuritySpy web server. Easiest place to script this would be to do this via the Pushover plugin. If we allowed http/https in the attachments dialog, the plugin would grab the image, store it temporarily, and send that to pushover. I'm thinking this would be useful not just for SecuritySpy users, but others as well. Thoughts?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05 pm
vtmikel offline

Jay, with no error reports I’d say you can create a new release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm
siclark offline

vtmikel wrote:
I'm curious how the SecuritySpy users plan to implement the attachments.

My SecuritySpy server is the same as my Indigo. As far as I can tell, the continuous capture feature in SecuritySpy only allows for a FTP transfer. And the other image options adds timestamps so you will never know the name of the jpg file you need.

. ?

Have you tried the webcam image rather than image capture? . Stores image on local Mac and just updates the same file every x seconds so no changing name. Always gives you most recent image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm
FlyingDiver offline

vtmikel wrote:
My SecuritySpy server is the same as my Indigo. As far as I can tell, the continuous capture feature in SecuritySpy only allows for a FTP transfer.

The current Beta version of SecuritySpy allows for local file storage as an alternative to FTP transfer. See https://www.bensoftware.com/forum/discu ... mment_7412

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:09 pm
vtmikel offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
vtmikel wrote:
My SecuritySpy server is the same as my Indigo. As far as I can tell, the continuous capture feature in SecuritySpy only allows for a FTP transfer.

The current Beta version of SecuritySpy allows for local file storage as an alternative to FTP transfer. See https://www.bensoftware.com/forum/discu ... mment_7412

Well. If you told me a day earlier, you could have saved me from building a plugin to do this :). That's frustrating. I even contacted bensoftware to ask about the location of the Web Camera image, and they didn't mention the beta feature. Oh well. I added stitching to my plugin which may be useful to some.

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:33 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Sorry about that, but I didn't know before I posted that. I was browsing their support forum, and noticed some threads about FTP issues in HS. It was buried in there.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:47 am
vtmikel offline

@Jay, bumping this thread so that you can push a release.

Posted on
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Version 1.4.0 has been released on GitHub:

https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/indig ... /tag/1.4.0

There's an issue getting the store updated. I'm working with Jay on that now.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Updated in the Plugin Store.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:01 pm
Chad_NE offline

Positive experience with version 1.4.0

I've needed a method of posting notifications to all my iOS devices and a Mac OS desktop. This is exactly what I've been hoping for! It has been working perfectly.

Thanks to all the contributors who have made the requests in this forum a reality. All of your contributions are evident and appreciated!

-- Chad