Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Much obliged. Will let you know if I run into any issue.

THANKS!

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm
jltnol offline

Ok. So FWIW:
Code: Select all
May 16, 2022 at 7:35:29 PM
   Reloading plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.0" using API v3.0
   Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.0" (pid 39828)
   Yamaha RX Receiver Error        Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Yahama_RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Yahama_RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 11, in <module>
type: No module named 'defusedxml'

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 6:28 am
autolog offline

Next beta version is available here: Yamaha RX Update for Indigo 2022.1 - Bug Fix

:idea: It occurred to me that I could use my Yamaha NX-500 speakers to do some basic testing and so it should hopefully get a bit further this time. :wink:

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am
jltnol offline

First off, I can't possibly thank you enough for taking this on. But aside from the initial hiccup, the latest version seems to be working just fine. I went thru all the actions possible and it worked. I did not run thru all the inputs as I'm sure different models handle that with respect to what inputs they have, but the 3 I tried... the three I use the MOST, worked perfectly.

FWIW, I have a Yamaha RX-A3070, and am using the Vx73 version of the plugin, and all is well.

Thanks ever so much!

Posted on
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:34 am
Bleasel offline

I have an RX-A1010 (although as the plugin does not load, this is not the problem at the moment).
Mac Pro 2012
Os 10.14.6

I am getting the following errors:

Loading plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.1" using API v3.0
Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.1" (pid 7945)

Yamaha RX Receiver Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "plugin.py", line 143, in __init__
File "plugin.py", line 255, in refresh_receiver_list
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Yahama RX-3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Yahama RX-3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 73, in discover
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/Plugins/Yahama RX-3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 92, in rxv_details
type: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'

Stopping plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.1" (pid 7945)
Stopped plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.1"

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:43 am
jltnol offline

So I am NOT the person to help you with this, but I'd manually delete the plugin from my Mac, restart Indigo, and then re-install the plugin and see if that helps. And you might tool around on your receiver and make sure you've got an valid IP address... I just checked and didn't see any "enable remote control" on mine, but that would be the setting I'd be looking for(if there is one....)

Unfortunately the person who started this plugin has kind of abandoned it, so not sure who's around to help.

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Bleasel offline

Thanks

I have done that.

The receiver has a static IP address, and I have changed the default IP address in the code to no avail.

The original version using Python 2.7 worked. (And still works when I reload it)

As the new plugin does not load, my guess is that is not an issue with the receiver, and probably something to do with the plugin / python modules.

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 pm
Bleasel offline

Update.

I am not a programmer. But with the help of Google ...

I modified an early version that was started by Chad and modified by Ben.

Changed the API version to 3

Changed the import modules to "http.client, urllib.request, urllib.error, urllib.parse, sys, os" in plugin.py"
(having said that urllib.error and urllib.parse do not appear in the code, so I don't know if they are needed)

Changed urllib2 to urllib.request where appearing.

partially working . still work to do

So changed some Inputs, and scenes to the Australian Version of RX-A1010.

Still works. Sorry I don't know how to post this version, but happy to share it yet other than by email. I probably need to change the bundle identifier, but my first attempt on this, and whilst no error messages, the plugin was noted as disabled. So I need to work on that.
Last edited by Bleasel on Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:35 pm
Different Computers offline

I'll probably reach out about your version in a day or so. About to get an M1 Mini and begin the migration!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:20 pm

I realize I never got back to you about this @Bleasel.

I'm down to try your update of this plugin.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri May 19, 2023 2:11 am
Bleasel offline

Posted on
Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:09 pm
screen offline

autolog wrote:
Next beta version is available here: Yamaha RX Update for Indigo 2022.1 - Bug Fix

:idea: It occurred to me that I could use my Yamaha NX-500 speakers to do some basic testing and so it should hopefully get a bit further this time. :wink:

Just trying this version out now as I recently saw your fork. Got past the initial defusedxml issue after seeing your latest release (vs the git clone i started with). I get the following error on plugin startup:

Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 2022.0.1" (pid 13369)
   Yamaha RX Receiver Error        Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "plugin.py", line 143, in __init__
  File "plugin.py", line 255, in refresh_receiver_list
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 73, in discover
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/ssdp.py", line 84, in rxv_details
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/defusedxml/common.py", line 126, in fromstring
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1718, in feed
type: multi-byte encodings are not supported

I'm not really a python person so not sure what a fix for this could be. I do appreciate everyones attempt to get this plugin upgraded!

The xml response from the SSDP location url starts off like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:yamaha="urn:schemas-yamaha-com:device-1-0">

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:01 am
autolog offline

screen wrote:
 . . .
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/python3.10/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1718, in feed
Apologies for the delayed response.

I am struggling to resolve this issue as I can't replicate it. Unfortunately my speakers aren't much of a help as they are musiccast based. :?

The error seems to be occurring on listing your receiver.

What is the name of your receiver and what type?

Posted on
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:12 pm
screen offline

autolog wrote:
screen wrote:
 . . .
Apologies for the delayed response.

I am struggling to resolve this issue as I can't replicate it. Unfortunately my speakers aren't much of a help as they are musiccast based. :?

The error seems to be occurring on listing your receiver.

What is the name of your receiver and what type?

No worry. Thanks for the reply! I was able to fix these issues and sent a pull request on GitHub if you’d like to integrate into your changes. My receiver is the Yamaha Rx-A1080 but the real cause I found when debugging is other devices on the network that are also broadcasting and passing xml possibly without a utf-8 encoding or without one specified. My PR is here in case it helps to locate it. I also fixed a few other issues that I ran into.

https://github.com/autolog/indigo-yamaharx/pull/1

Posted on
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:22 am

Just tried this here in the US, and unsurprisingly, it does not communicate with my amp, an RX-A1010.

EDIT:

Just tried the plugin again, and I notice this immediately in the log. Didn't notice this before, but maybe it was there.

Enabling plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver AUS 2022.2.1" using API v3.0.0
   Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver AUS 2022.2.1" (pid 50026)
   Started plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver AUS 2022.2.1"
   Yamaha RX Receiver AUS Debug    startup called
   Yamaha RX Receiver AUS Error    exception in device_start_comm(Bar Amp): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
Last edited by Different Computers on Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.