Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:23 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Yamaha RX Plugin - a/v receiver control

Hey Jay

So I ended up with the RX-A3070 and am using the RX-Vx73 Series version of the plugin. The plug didn't "auto find" the receiver, but all I did was manually enter the IP address and the rest went as planned.

From what I can tell, all of the prescribed action groups work just fine, including the "Play Net Radio Station". While I didn't go thru every single input, the ones I have connected to the receiver work perfectly, but when I select an AV input that has nothing connected, the following loops in the Event Log until I switch it to an input that does have something connected.

Action Group Set Input
Error cannot update device state for key input to value AV7 (invalid enumeration value)
Error cannot update device state for key input to value AV7 (invalid enumeration value)

Again, thanks for everyone's help on this. Having read all the threads here, I was a bit concerned that Yamaha might have different IP protocols for different receivers... and they may... but the RX-A3070 works just fine, and I'd even go out on a limb and based on my limited experiment, say the RX-A1070 does as well.

Its a beautiful day in Indigodomo Land! Thanks again for all the great work of everyone involved.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 am
chief42 offline

I'm using a RX-A870 with the RX-Vx73 plugin model and it works great. The plugin found my receiver on the network and all the functions seem to be working. Thanks for the all the hard work...This is exactly what I needed.

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:11 am
amannone offline

Has anyone tried the plugin with an RX-A770? I'm contemplating a receiver upgrade as my RX-V473 doesn't do 4K at 60Hz and it's 30Hz makes my eyes sad.
As an aside, thank you to everyone who's worked to make this plugin. I really love being able to control my receiver thu Indigo.
-Andrew

Posted on
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm
jltnol offline

Hey Andrew

I know this will be of little help, but the RX-A3070 I have and RX-A2070 both have the same users manual, so I'd feel good in saying that between these two units, they are the same except for the power output. I did check the RX-A1070, and it too seemed to work ok. So, my half-assed point here is that my guess is that any RX-Ax70 model will work.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:22 pm
amannone offline

Thanks, jltnol!

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm
Different Computers offline

In theory this $225 refurb TSR-5810 should work with the plugin. Maybe? I dunno. Just in case you do:

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/yam ... v-receiver

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 am

That 5810 is on sale again on woot. https://electronics.woot.com/offers/yam ... receiver-1

Anyone got one working with the plugin?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 7:36 am

It's back on sale again on woot. Anyone have one of these 5810s?

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:07 pm
Dewster35 offline

Maybe I'm missing something, but I should just be able to add a new device that is a receiver for this plugin correct? I don't even see the plugin available as an option. Running the latest version of Indigo and the plugin. Running Mac OS 10.12.6.

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes - in the Create New Device dialog you should see Yamaha RX Receiver on the Type popup.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:38 pm
Dewster35 offline

OK. I don't see that. Any trouble shooting steps I can take?

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Reload the plugin and copy/paste the relevant Event Log Window lines.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:39 am
Dewster35 offline

Gave the mac a system restart to apply some updates and realized it's been running for nearly 8 months! After rebooting, the device did appear to be able to add. Nothing too strange in the event log other than when disabling it was saying it may take a awhile. Also this plugin rocks :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:39 pm
digtrail offline

I just bought a Yamaha network stereo receiver hoping to be able to get it to work. I looked but couldn't find anybody else that has given one of the stereo receivers a chance, just the AVR's, but figured it was worth a shot and if it didn't I could still use airplay etc. However the plugin isn't even loading for me. Currently running Indigo on a 2010 Mac Pro using OS 10.11.6 and have a feeling that may be the issue. About to upgrade to the new Mini most likely but in the meantime would like to get the plugin running if I can.

Here's the pertinent log:
Code: Select all
   Reloading plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 1.0.3"
   Starting plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 1.0.3" (pid 639)
   Yamaha RX Receiver Error        Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "plugin.py", line 140, in __init__
  File "plugin.py", line 252, in refresh_receiver_list
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/__init__.py", line 26, in find
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/rxv.py", line 88, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/Yahama RX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rxv/rxv.py", line 94, in _discover_features
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1654, in close
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0

Stopping plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 1.0.3" (pid 639)
   Stopped plugin "Yamaha RX Receiver 1.0.3"

Posted on
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hmmm. Looks like there might be some change in the XML that your receiver is sending when the plugin tries to discover it. Try this:

1. Unplug your receiver from the wall
  2. Reload the plugin to see if it will load
  3. Assuming it does, then enable debugging in the plugin's config dialog
  4. Plug in your receiver

I don't recall if the plugin automatically discovers or not, so just let it sit for a while to see if you get any errors. If not, then add a new device in Indigo, select the Yamaha plugin, select the RX-Vx73 device type, and see if a receiver shows up in the list. If not, click the Find Receivers button and see if that either finds your receiver or generates errors in your Event Log window. If you see errors, copy/paste the errors and several surrounding lines (for context) and paste them into a reply.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 6 of 10 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10