Will I need my MR26?

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:24 pm
ac46 offline

Will I need my MR26?

When I upgrade to Insteon, will I still need my MR26 or do the Signalinc RF receive the signals from the motion sensor? Or for that mater, will the motion sensors be compatible?

Andre

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 pm
Alexander offline

(No subject)

The Insteon SignaLincs do absolutely nothing with X10 signals of any kind, powerline or RF, your motion detectors included. They are Insteon-only.

You'll need to keep your MR26 and have Indigo pipe the X10 RF signals to Insteon commands.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:48 pm
ac46 offline

(No subject)

Is it known if they will be coming out with their own motions sensors and other gadgets, like small remotes and other stuff?

Andre

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:58 am
Alexander offline

(No subject)

I remember reading that Insteon RF stuff is definitely in the plans, but I don't recall specific products or a timeline, sorry.

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:19 pm
ac46 offline

(No subject)

If someone can clarify something for me.
When I start replacing my X10 modules with Insteon, will the reliability of the the Insteon modules slow down because of some X10 modules still being connected? I guess the reliability of the X10 modules wouldn't improve? And I suppose I would have to keep my X10 bridge on until all the X10 modules are gone? Would that cause interference to Insteon?

thanks

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 am
DPattee offline

(No subject)

ac46 wrote:
If someone can clarify something for me.
When I start replacing my X10 modules with Insteon, will the reliability of the the Insteon modules slow down because of some X10 modules still being connected? I guess the reliability of the X10 modules wouldn't improve? And I suppose I would have to keep my X10 bridge on until all the X10 modules are gone? Would that cause interference to Insteon?

thanks

Adding the Insteon units will not improve the quality of your X10 signals. If you already have X10 signal problems neither the regular Insteon modules, nor the plug-in repeaters will do anything with the signals so 'yes' you'll still need to keep your phase coupler / signal bridge installed.

You shouldn't have any problems with interference normally, the exception is if you have 'boosterlincs' or one of the newer keypadlincs with its 'boosterlinc mode' activated. There was a note in the manual that comes with the Insteon modules that you may have to disable those features if you find interference problems.

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:26 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Regarding the BoosterLincs -- I heard only some of the older BoosterLincs cause INSTEON problems. I'm not sure which ones are INSTEON safe and which one are not, but I'm pretty sure they fixed the INSTEON / BoosterLinc incompatibility and the newer ones are okay.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1