Controling Insteon devices from a PalmPad

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:38 am
kyleputzier offline

Controling Insteon devices from a PalmPad

The only way I can think of controlling an Insteon device from a PalmPad remote is to make a trigger action for each command needed. Deselecting the mapping in the receiver setup is also necessary. Is this the best way?

Also, my first instinct when setting up the Insteon device was to look for an device option that did something like "Respond to this X10 address", where you would then select an X10 address. Seems like a logical feature since most home will probably still use X10 controllers for quite a while. X10 devices could benefit from an option to "Respond to these Insteon commands".

Kyle

Disclamer: I didn't give these ideas much thought. I am not to be held responsible if they are stupid.[/i]

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:15 am
Alexander offline

(No subject)

Yeah, it seems like the best way to make Indigo translate an X10 command to Insteon is through a trigger action for each device. I've noticed that setting up Indigo's programming can involve a lot of steps, many of which are not intuitively obvious, but I respect that it can be very difficult to design an interface that is both dead simple and yet powerful enough to do advanced functions--especially when you're dealing with as many different concepts as Indigo is.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Controling Insteon devices from a PalmPad

Hi Kyle,

Good points. Indigo currently either thinks of a device as INSTEON or X10, but not both. Let me think about this some more...

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1