Official IRLinc How To Thread

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Official IRLinc How To Thread

I'm going to be perfectly honest here - I wouldn't use the IRLinc. It's very difficult to set up and, in my experience, pretty unreliable. There are a couple of other options:

The IRLinc is an interesting concept, but the execution just never really worked well from all the experiences we've heard about.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:25 pm
GoBecky offline

jay (support) wrote:

... and this is why I love this community/team!

Will order the iTach (have cable company's DVR) after supper! Thanks!

I'm a wheelchair user & use Indigo to make my home & office accessible & safe without the expense of ECU's: door openers, emergency alerts, & even buttons my service dog can push to activate triggers! Feel free to PM fo info/advice.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:30 pm
rbdubz3 offline

So I saw a good deal on the IRLinc 2411T before reading thru the posts to steer clear. I've been able to program multiple IR codes using the recommended steps. However, I'm having a difficult time getting it to work with the target device I want to control ( I am attempting to control a standalone electric fireplace such that it turns on/off with my central HVAC).

In your experience working with the 2411T, is it pretty hit and miss for different IR devices? Or maybe you have a couple of recommendations?

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mostly miss.

At this point, there are a couple of different solutions for IR control: Global Cache (with Cynical Cache plugin), Harmony Hub plugin (I assume it does, I've not used it myself. Others can chime in here as well.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn