Insteon ToggleLinc turns off ALL the time

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:24 am
Sofabutt offline

Insteon ToggleLinc turns off ALL the time

I apologize if this subject is covered elsewhere. I did search before posting.

I have a ToggleLinc that turns off whenever another switch or Insteon device is activated - turned off or on. The device is not synced to anything else - at least Indigo does not show it as a Responder or Controller for another device. I have pulled out the LED pin and reset the device. I have deleted it from the Indigo database and added it back in. I unplugged the PLC and turned on other devices manually and get the same response. I replaced the device (using the same device name and a new name) and get the same results.

I have had this issue for several months now. I replaced the PLC and the ToggleLinc so far. I unplugged the PLC and it still happens.

The device I replaced worked fine for 10 years before I replaced it.

Should I burn the house down or does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,

Posted on
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon ToggleLinc turns off ALL the time

That sure seems like a malfunctioning device. Here's the only other thing I can think of:

1) Factory reset the device (make sure that it does, in fact, reset as resetting them can be tricky).
2) Before doing anything in Indigo, turn on/off other devices that used to cause it to turn on/off to see if the issue continues. If so, then you can skip the next step (at least for debugging purposes).
3) Create a new Indigo device and define and sync it. This will make absolutely sure that Indigo isn't writing any links to it other than the link between the device and the PLM.

If, after this, it still does it, then you'll probably want to contact Insteon for help since taking the PLM out of the loop doesn't change anything (thus, Indigo would be completely out of the loop).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:46 pm
PinchRoller offline

Re: Insteon ToggleLinc turns off ALL the time

I have a ToggleLinc that turns off whenever another switch or Insteon device is activated - turned off or on.
- I have pulled out the LED pin and reset the device.
- I have deleted it from the Indigo database and added it back in.
- I unplugged the PLC and turned on other devices manually and get the same response.
- I replaced the device (using the same device name and a new name) and get the same results.
- I replaced the PLC and the ToggleLinc so far. I unplugged the PLC and it still happens.

It seems that the only thing you have not replaced or disabled is the load. For troubleshooting purposes....,
1. Disconnect the load wire from the ToggleLinc (best option) or unscrew the lamp from the lighting fixture
2. Link the problem switch to the Indigo system.
3. Turn on the problem switch via the Indigo software.
a. What does the Indigo status show for this device? It should be ON
4. Do something that would typically cause the ToggleLinc to malfunction and turn off.
a. Does the Indigo system now show the ToggleLinc Off or still On
5. Repeat with the above test with the load connected. Any change?

-Pinch

Page 1 of 1