Manage Insteon Links - Not Editable / Not erasable

Posted on
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:05 pm
Venicenerd offline

Manage Insteon Links - Not Editable / Not erasable

My tenant told me one of the lights that's physically connected to my 4 button keypad keeps turning on randomly. So I selected the Keypad in Indigo, selected "Edit" and then "re-sync" Links just to make sure everything is synced correctly. This took a really long time. After it was done I noticed that I had a bunch of "not editable" and "not erasable" in the status section of the device:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 5.00.53 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 5.00.53 PM.jpg (223.96 KiB) Viewed 915 times

Does this mean there is something wrong with my keypad? Do I need to replace it? It's also the only keypad in my home that "beeps" when I press a button. All other keypads are quiet. Not sure if that means anything at all.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: I also noticed that the keypad was incorrectly configured as and "8-button" keypad even though it only has 6 buttons. I set it to "6-button" mode now and re-synced again but the "not editable/not erasable" status remains. It also shows back up as an 8-button keypad after I re-sync!

Posted on
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Manage Insteon Links - Not Editable / Not erasable

Those might be old orphaned links to modules (or even a PowerLinc) you no longer have. You can delete them by holding down the OPTION key when you choose the menu item to open the link editor. You can also factory reset the module (per the steps in its manual) then re-sync it with Indigo, which should automatically write back out the persistent links you had previously created.

If the light is randomly turning on then the module might be starting to malfunction.

Page 1 of 1