Insteon PowerLinc 2412S old firmware?

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:09 pm
osxster offline

Insteon PowerLinc 2412S old firmware?

Hello,

I was trying to move my Indigo implementation over to a new server, an Xserve running on Monterey. However I am having problems getting the PowerLinc 2413U to work and am hearing the integrated FTDI Serial driver for Monterey is a DriverKit dext and it may not be compatible with the Xeon processors because DriverKit requires VT-D. While the Xserve supports VT-D, MacOS supposedly doesn't on these processors. So I was trying to try a different PLM and purchased an old PowerLinc 2412S on Ebay since these PLC's are hard to find now. I hooked it up to a USB Serial port and I am now getting Incompatible PowerLinc firmware version -- must be 8.5 or higher.

It appears to have 6.2 on it. Is there anyway to get this to work or remove the version check within Indigo to get it to work? Can these be upgraded? Surprised a firmware version would be enough on something this simple to break it. Any help would be great.

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon PowerLinc 2412S old firmware?

osxster wrote:
It appears to have 6.2 on it. Is there anyway to get this to work or remove the version check within Indigo to get it to work? Can these be upgraded? Surprised a firmware version would be enough on something this simple to break it. Any help would be great.

Nope - we have the firmware version requirements in there for a reason.

Also, we don't support running Indigo on unsupported configurations, and I believe the last version of Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) was the last to officially support the Xserve. Perhaps if you reverted back to that version your 2013u would work?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:43 am
osxster offline

Is there a newer firmware for the 2412S which is supported? The 2412S is still listed as being an option within Indigo, but is it actually supported? If the 2412S is supported, can an older one be upgraded to a supported firmware version?

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We have no reason to believe that the serial version with the right firmware won't work, but we have only had a few reports of people trying it (they were successful AFAIK). Insteon firmware isn't field upgradeable, so you'd have to contact Insteon to see if they would update the firmware for you.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1