FanLinc

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:49 am
pgershon offline

FanLinc

Is there an Indigo compatible IP-based replacement for the Insteon FanLinc? I am trying to get off of Insteon and went the rout of IP switches instead of Z-Wave. I have been installing TP-Link Kasa switches (and Shelly One relays) with great success as my Indigo switches die. This process is accreted this summer because the Insteon interference from my pool pump has become intolerable. I see a Lutron product and a few brands I dont know of with internet based fan switches. But not sure how well any integrate with Indigo?

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: FanLinc

I don't know of any WiFi devices like the FanLinc. Inovelli makes a Z-Wave device that's quite similar to the FanLinc/KeypadLinc combo, though they are supply constrained at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:34 am
marchioli offline

Yep, that looks promising as here's the description from the user manual:

There are two different protocols that are used with this switch and module combination. It’s important to
understand the limitations of the distances of RF and Z-Wave so that your switch and module can communicate effectively.
RF (Switch to Fan/Light Module): The maximum distance between the Switch and Module can be 32.8ft (10m)
Z-Wave (Switch to Hub): Please see Pages 3 & 4 to calculate the maximum distance

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I have 4 in my house - they work great.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1