Powerlink 2413U locking up

Posted on
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Pilott28 offline

Powerlink 2413U locking up

I recently moved my Indigo to a new iMac 24. At the same time, I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4 from 11.3.1. Since moving, my modem has been locking up every few days. It will turn red with a strikeout line through it and the only fix is to reboot the machine. Shutting Indigo and restarting the program doesn't fix the problem.

I keep a spare modem and swapped it out with no improvement. I have also made sure I am running the latest version of the FTDIUSB (believe it is 1.4.7). Indigo version is 2021.1. I didn't think to get a copy of the event log before re-booting to see where the lockup is, but if this is not a known issue with a solution, I'll grab the log at the next problem.

Thanks, Keith

Posted on
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Powerlink 2413U locking up

Definitely not a known issue. If it requires a reboot then it's a driver/PowerLinc issue unfortunately.

I wouldn't have installed the FTDI driver though since it's already included with macOS. You will probably want to uninstall it and see if that clears up the problem.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:52 pm
Pilott28 offline

Re: Powerlink 2413U locking up

The problem occurred before I updated the driver. I tried updating it thinking that it might fix the problem.

It happened again tonight but the log was full of error messages with a new one recorded about once a second so I can't see what was going on when the modem failed. I have a long set of scheduled actions in the evening and I'm suspicious that it is during the execution of this string of device actions that the interface is hitting an error condition. I'm going to suspend the schedule for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

Do I have an option for interface other than the 2413U?

Keith

Page 1 of 1