Replacement for Insteon Bulb

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Replacement for Insteon Bulb

For years I have had an Insteon Bulb in our pantry that turns on/off when the doors being opened. Lately the bulb flashes when on, which I would imagine means the bulb is going out. When I search Insteon Bulb it appears many people have had issues with them, perhaps explaining why they are no longer sold.

If I were to replace with something else, is there a solution other's are using. I do have a few Wyze cameras and could go that route but would rather sick with something w/in the Indigo realm. Are there any Insteon type bulbs and perhaps I'm not finding them?

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 8:39 am
akimball offline

Re: Replacement for Insteon Bulb

Insteon is all but dead now. I have about 40 hue bulbs. Love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

-Al

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am
aaronlionsheep offline

I have been using a Shelly Bulb Duo and it is great. The Shelly Vintage would probably suite your needs as it supports on/off/dimming. The Bulb Duo has dimming and temperature control. The Shelly Bulb adds RGBW control as well.

https://shopusa.shelly.cloud

You would just need to use either the Shelly Direct plugin or ShellyMQTT plugin.

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Thanks for the two ideas. I have Hue at home mostly around our entertainment area and bedrooms. Since I'm already running the Hue plug-in perhaps I'll screw in a white hue bulb. Thanks again for the ideas.

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 pm
AlaskaDave offline

With Insteon options seeming to slowly die out, what are people using for motions sensors? I've used the Insteon sensors but they do go bad after so long and will be looking for replacements.

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 10:29 am
akimball offline

Having done this for awhile now...consider anything that doesn’t need a battery.

-Al

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 am
jalves offline

AlaskaDave wrote:
With Insteon options seeming to slowly die out, what are people using for motions sensors? I've used the Insteon sensors but they do go bad after so long and will be looking for replacements.

I have several of the Aotech Multi-sensors. They work well and provide a bonus of being able to measure light, temperature and humidity.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 11:52 am
akimball offline

I’ve got one aeotech sensor and like how well it reports battery status....if a battery is mandatory.

-Al

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 am
Dual offline

I have many different Z-Wave motions in use:

Aeotec TriSensor

HAOZEE Zwave PIR Motion Sensor

KAIPULE Ceiling-Mounted Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Sensor

Dome Home Automation Motion Detector Z-Wave - Light Sensor - Magnetic Mount, White (DMMS1)

ZOOZ Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 VER. 2.0 (Motion/Light/Temperature/Humidity)

All purchased on Amazon. A variety of sizes and shapes. Some with additional sensing such as luminance, temperature, humidity.

I love the dome with magnetic mount. Easy to attach to my metal ceiling vents. Spherical and small.

The kaipule are a disappointment. Huge. And not very sensitive.

Haozee are spherical and small like the dome units however not magnetic mount.

Aeotec is excellent. So is zooz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1