Controlling USB Power Devices

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2020 8:28 pm
jeramiah1945 offline

Controlling USB Power Devices

I recently purchased a USB powered LED floor lamp. The lamp has a USB connection and an USB power supply. You plug the power supply into the wall and the USB lamp into the power supply and you're done. It is not dimmable so I tried to control it with an ApplianceLinc but I am having an issue. I turned off load sensing in the ApplianceLinc but whenever I turn off the lamp with the ApplianceLinc and leave the physical ON/OFF switch on, the lamp flashes for fraction of a second every two seconds or so. When I turn the ApplianceLinc's load sensing back on, then I can't turn the lamp off. When I send a signal to the ApplianceLinc to turn off the lamp, it stays off for a few seconds and then switches back on.

Anyone have an idea what is going on with this?

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2020 5:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Controlling USB Power Devices

Does the ApplianceLinc work with a different appliance/lamp? If not it sounds like it is faulty, but if it does then it sounds like it might not be compatible with the LED's power supply because of the load sense circuitry. You might have to ask Smarthome support about it. Plugging a small nightlight into an outlet splitter with the LED lamp might help.

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2020 5:47 pm
jeramiah1945 offline

Re: Controlling USB Power Devices

Thanks Matt. I actually have the same problem with 2 ApplianceLincs driving led lights. Oddly, one works fine but the other two don’t, they flash the light when off. Very odd

Page 1 of 1