Weird ending after installing an Insteon Siren 2868-222

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:37 pm
sparker offline

Weird ending after installing an Insteon Siren 2868-222

I decided to add a siren to my environment. I'm trying to get it defined in Indigo, but must be doing something wrong. I'm kind of guessing about "how" to add it, but with the virtually non-existent instructions in the box, and some confusion in the Indigo interface for adding it, I can't seem to get it working

Here's what I've done so far
- In Indigo, "Add a device"
- Put in the address, that opened a new dialog that says "this device must be manually linked with the PowerLinc..." (see attached)
- Following the instructions in the box, plugged it in, opened the Insteon App, and in step 3, instead of pressing the button on the device, clicked the button in the dialog.
- Lots of beeping from my hub, then and error on the phone that says "Trouble Linking - Press and hold the set button until the LED blinks steadily. Press OK to continue"
- It appears that Indigo added the device successfully, and it's working. I can turn on and turn off the siren.
- It appears also that the Insteon app has it defined as an "arm/disarm" device, but I'm not sure what that "means"

Does the arm/disarm mean it didn't get configured correctly on the Insteon Hub? Or should I just ignore those errors and assume everything's set up right?

Thanks!

Steve
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.21.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.21.24 PM.png (331.54 KiB) Viewed 819 times

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Weird ending after installing an Insteon Siren 2868-222

If it is working in Indigo I think you are good. In a normal setup you would only have one main controller/hub, so I think there might be some confusion occurring with the Insteon hub. But if you are just trying to be able to turn the siren on/off from Indigo and that works, then I think you should be okay.

Posted on
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm
sparker offline

Re: Weird ending after installing an Insteon Siren 2868-222

matt (support) wrote:
If it is working in Indigo I think you are good. In a normal setup you would only have one main controller/hub, so I think there might be some confusion occurring with the Insteon hub. But if you are just trying to be able to turn the siren on/off from Indigo and that works, then I think you should be okay.

Thanks Matt!

Along with Indigo, I have the Insteon Hub as well so I can use Alexa to control everything via voice. Works well so far, and I've never had Indigo and Alexa get in an argument and start flashing lights at me... But now that I've added a siren, I hope they don't start... :)

Have a great evening!

Steve

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Page 1 of 1