Rogue device

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:59 pm
joshh385 offline

Rogue device

About a week ago I noticed some activity in my indigo log that looked unusual. I have one Insteon address in there showing up with an on command and an off command about every 20-30 seconds, but the device id isn't one I recognize. I searched in indigo and it isn't there. I thought maybe it was a device I forget to add back in when I had to rebuild my db so I tried to add it, but after many retries it fails saying the device isn't responding. Anyone see this before? Any thoughts on how to figure out where the heck it's coming from?

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:13 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Rogue device

Unfortunately, a failing Insteon device can behave very oddly. I think the best way to figure out what's doing it is to unplug/airgap your Insteon devices. You might be able to shortcut that a bit by first shutting off each circuit in your house, one by one, until it stops. That will likely indicate that the rogue device is on that circuit - you can then unplug/airgap each device until you find the culprit.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 pm
joshh385 offline

Re: Rogue device

Thanks Jay! I was hoping there was something I was missing.. but particularly if the device is failing somehow and isn't responding to the request to add it to Indigo I suppose there isn't much left. Good call on flipping breakers to narrow it down. I'll give that a shot!

Page 1 of 1