Insteon Device send failed (no acknowledgment)

Posted on
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 pm
pgershon offline

Insteon Device send failed (no acknowledgment)

I started getting "send failed (no acknowledgment)" on certain inline relays with sense. I tried to replace the devices but the new ones are not being seen either. Most of the relays in same breaker work fine, but two of eight fail 100% of the time, while a third is 50/50. The buttons on the relay turn the lights on and off fine. This system has worked fine for over a decade. No work was done on it recently Any ideas how to diagnose? I assumed replacing device would work, but it didn't. Seems like some kind of interfercance, but not sure why some circuits in same breaker work and some don't?

Posted on
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon Device send failed (no acknowledgment)

It does sound like signal noise. Check the signal troubleshooting page for tips on diagnosing and dealing with signal noise.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm
pgershon offline

I am still struggling with this. I found some failing Insteon switches and replaced them. But I still have the same problems perpetually. I have nightly sitting of my outdoor lights on / off and the same lights periodically do not communicate. Similarly, I have three EZ-Flora 8-zone controllers and certain zones on the controllers do not communicate properly on a daily basis. I tries switching the controller and it makes no difference. Feels like interference but I cannot pin point.

Posted on
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Your next step is to perform the steps outlined in the Signal Isolation section of that wiki article assuming that you've looked at all the other things in the article.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 am
peszko offline

I had problems with items that were plugged in. Might be a good idea to try to unplug items that have been recently added. The most problems I had was wit HID and UV sterilizer lamps. things improved after adding filters to them. But in the end I could never get Insteon to be reliable enough so am slowly switching to z-wave. So far, I find reliability to be way better. After replacing about 1/4 of the insteon devices with z-wave, even the insteon side has become more reliable.

Page 1 of 1